04

"hey guys!" bentley smiled as she walked into the beach, the friends spot they would always chill, surf and watch the sunset with a small fire pit.

JJ was the first to look at her, awkwardly smiling, followed by kie who bentley hugged from behind.

"i got y'all something" she smirked, putting the case of beer onto the sand infront of everyone.

"hey where's john b?" she asked confused, grabbing a beer for herself.

"over there, he said to leave him because he's in a bad mood or some shit" pope shrugged, bentley decided to walk over with a beer for him and her.

"hey, you okay?" she smiled, hugging him from behind over the shoulders as he sat on the sand aline, the girl sitting next to him.

"yeah just great! just found out i'm gonna have to be put into foster care since my dads gone missing and i don't have a legal guardian blah blah blah, it's just nuts" he scoffed, sarcasm lacing his voice

"you can always come stay with me? jax wouldn't mind, he loves you guys" she smiled, laying her head on his shoulder as he sipped his beer.

"yeah i know, it's just weird because things have changed so much over only a few months, if dad didn't disappear i wouldn't be in this frickin mess" he sighed

"don't stress it dude, i'm sure he'll show up soon, or surely your uncle might? you know where i live if you ever need to escape the DCS" she smiled

JJ sat with kie and pope, jealousy washing over him as he watched bentley lay her head on his bestfriends shoulder.

he had no idea what the feeling was and not knowing why he had suddenly gotten it. he felt different about bentley. she was different. she was perfect for him. he just didn't know it and neither did she.

•••

kiara and bentley left their friends that night, getting back to bentleys house before the hurricane hit and the conditions weren't worth driving to figure 8 to get kie home so she stayed the night.

bentley woke up the next morning from a creaky tree right beside her window, irritating her sleep.

she woke, groaning as she got out of bed where kie slept, gasping at the sight of a tree branch through her bedroom window, leaves covering the floor.

"fuck sakes" she groaned, kie then waking up at the noise.

"holy shit" she said, eyes wide.

"fuck" bentley groaned, rubbing her temples before walking down stairs to inform her grandparents & parents, who were currently busy cleaning up the mess on the porch and yard.

"agatha you old bitch" her grandmother cussed, a rare occasion, bentley stifled a laugh.

"we just did renovations on this house, just great" her gramps said, groaning as he stormed back down the stairs.

kie and bentley got dressed and went to help with the clean up, bentley offered to drive her home but she wanted to stay and help.

the two got to work in the backyard, seeing JJ, pope and john b pull up to the dock in the HMS pogue.

"get in!" john b shouted, getting the attention of the girls and bentleys grandma.