~28~

After making it inside, a sense of unsettled peace tainted the atmosphere in the house as they all sat down in the lounge room with Patches, after quickly feeding and checking up on her. Both Dream and George had gotten changed quickly, George still being cold and soaked from the rain, and Dream being half-naked the whole time; he was only wearing the hoodie and his boxers. Sapnap didn't think to get him some pants when he came back to the house to pick up the car.

Sapnap was lying across the couch, his head resting on Karl's thighs as the brunette absentmindedly ran his hand through his hair, his face pale and blank and the stared ahead at the TV, looking at nothing more than a black screen. He was shaking a little, still uneasy and bursting with energy after managing to make it home, and he may have already chugged a few unhealthy and over-sugared energy drinks to keep him on his toes. He still felt guilty for ruining Sapnap and Dream's only car, but they had both said that it was okay, and that he shouldn't feel bad. Knowing Karl, he was still drowning in regret.

George was lying on his side on the carpeted floor of the lounge room, wincing every so often as a strike of pain slipped through his body. Dream was kneeling behind him, his warm hands gently prodding at George's back and shoulders, trying to massage the tension from them. George's face had been stuck in a frown for close to half an hour, now. Despite Dream trying to work out the stiffness in the brunette's joints, the dirty-blonde still had to shove his fingers into George's muscle, which actually hurt quite a bit, but the moment he removed his fingers and soothingly rubbed the area, the pain was gone, and was replaced with the loosening and relaxing of George's shoulders, his tension finally leaving.

Once Dream's hands left his shoulders, George lazily rolled over onto his back, groggily gazing up at Dream with a sleepy smile on his face. Dream grinned back, his green eyes filled with nothing but love and affection, and George reached his hand up, running his thumb across his cheek before pulling the taller boy down, catching him in a quick kiss. Dream giggled and kissed back, pressing his hand cautiously over George's stomach, trying to protect him from accidentally injuring himself.

George loved the feeling of Dream's hand pressed into his abdomen, and smiled more into the kiss, satisfied and comfortable in Dream's arms. Dream teasingly nudged him, and in return, George bit his bottom lip and laughed uncontrollably when Dream pulled back with a pout. He pressed a quick smooch into Dream's neck and then pushed the other away, knowing that he was toying with the taller boy's hormones.

He sat up, which made Dream regain his posture, too. Dream wrapped his arms around the brunette and pressed his face into his shoulder, George's back pressed to his chest. He felt a sting tingle through his arm and was quick to loosen its grip on George, letting it fall to the Brit's thigh. George gently held his arm in his hands, delicate fingers carefully rubbing into his palm, and Dream felt warmth bloom in his chest, happy.

Another few minutes of peace passed among the four, plus a dozing Patches resting against George's leg, and Dream could tell that George was getting unsettled, nervous. He knew that they had to talk, and wasn't looking forward to the conversation.It was going to be uncomfortable, and even though he knew that Dream was going to be a nice presence beside him, he was probably going to cry.

Maybe he wasn't ready, after all.

"Dream?"

"Hm?"

"I'm tired."

Dream lifted his head from George's shoulder and gently pressed a kiss just under his jawline and then on his neck, his hand rubbing soothing circles into George's side. "We were about to talk as a group, though," Dream frowned, clearly muddled at George's sudden turn of behaviour. He was worried that George was trying to get out of the talk, even though he was determined to tell Karl and Sapnap the truth. "Can you hold on for a little longer?"