Chapter 17- Distance

-Alaina-

I'm worried.

Dominic is hiding something, constantly sneaking around, whispering all the time.

And not to mention all that shit at the hospital.

Speaking of which, I'm going to pick him up to bring him home.

I swear I almost run over at least 7 news reporters trying to get to the parking lot, hopefully none of them sue.

Who am I kidding, I have no money to sue for.

Pushing past the absurd crowd, I walk through, straight to Dominic's room.

I gently push the door open, noticing him sat on the bed, head to the floor and running his hand through his hair.

"Hey, you ready to leave?" his head shoots up in my direction.

"Oh, uh- yeah let me just find the shoes you brought."

Nathan actually did pretty well at taking care of everything, despite the broken wine glass and the rip in one of the cushions.

But I don't want to be the person to tell Dom that.

"Okay, let's go."

He pulls a hoodie over my head, pulling the hood up.

Wrapping an arm around my waist, he guides me out the room and pulls his own hood up to cover his face.

The wave of questions hits us as he weaves us through the swarming people.

Even with a broken hand, he rushes to open the driver side car door for me, closing it as soon as I'm in.

He takes the seat beside me, letting out a prolonged sigh.

Trying my hardest not to accidentally murder all these people, I drive out and onto the street.

We drive basically in silence, the odd, short conversation.

As we approach the house, I see Nate's house blocking the driveway.

For goodness sake, that man.

He's lucky I haven't keyed that damn car.

The tires screech as I stop the car, Dominic's face scrunching up at the sound.

Busting through the door, I walk through the house until I see him.

I grab his ear, dragging him outside.

"Ow, ow, what the fuck?" he almost whines.

Pointing to his car, I raise an eyebrow.

He throws his hands up in defence.

"Okay, damn, I'll move the car!" he yells, unlatching my hand.

"Fuckin could have just said that." he mutters as he walks away.

Dominic laughs at his pitiful face, clearly very confused.

"Please, stop your girlfriend hurting me, this is like the 4th time now."

"Deserved." he walks towards me, a smile on his face.

"At least you're here now, shit gets lonely talking to the dead brain inside him." I laugh, going on my tip toes to kiss his cheek.

"Yeah, I never thought I would appreciate being stranded in a hospital." 

Walking inside, I made sure that everything was exactly how he left it, disregarding the broken stuff.

"Hey, do me a favour and go into our room, I just need to talk to Nathan." he kisses my lips gently, pushing me towards the door.

"Our room, huh?" I wiggle my eyebrows as I walk backwards to the bedroom.