Chapter 20- Tension

-Alaina-

I sit on my bed, the covers bundled up around my waist.

Dominic is coming over.

See, I want to talk to him. But I haven't quite figured out what to say.

Everything is just weird, after the crash and then him ranting on about my safety.

My mind is just going crazy.

Whatever is going on with him, I want to help, and he needs to be aware that he can't push me away if things get hard.

That's not how this is going to work, and if he wants me back, then he needs to know.

Pulling a cosy jumper from the closet, I slide it over my torso, walking towards the living room.

Just then, a loud knocking sound resounds.

My hand hovers over the handle for a few seconds, hesitating slightly.

Here we go.

I open the door, his head facing the floor.

"Why are you looking at the floor?" I laugh, moving out of the way so he can enter.

As he starts to look up, I notice a cut on the top of his cheek.

"Training with Lucas, he's a dick." he scoffs, walking past me.

"Drink?"

"Whatever you have." he sits right on the edge of the couch, sort of nervously.

I pull 2 cheap beers out the fridge, the cold searing through my palms.

Handing him a one, I lean on the wall opposite him.

I don't know how long we stay quiet until he finally breaks and speaks.

"What do we do here, Alaina? Are we just sitting in silence because honestly, neither of us have much to say now."

I take a long drink.

He stands up, taking a couple of long strides towards me.

"Just tell me how I can fix this and I'll do it in a heartbeat for you."

He takes a hold of my hands, sinking to the floor before me, taking me by surprise.

"As much as I love seeing a grown man beg, you can stand up." I laugh, pulling him up.

The silence swells once more, the tension constantly rising.

My hands start to fidget as I think of what to say.

"Dominic." his face rises, only inches away from mine.

"Alaina." he whispers.

His eyes jump between my lips and my eyes.

"Fuck it." he mumbles, his hands latching onto my face.

His lips crash down onto mine, a soft gasp coming out of my mouth.

That familiar feeling swarms my entire body, and how I missed it.

His soft lips gentle glide over mine, his rhythm slow and smooth.

Reluctantly, I push his chest so I can breath.

His heavy breathing brushes against my cheeks as I regain myself.

"If we are trying this again, I have some rules." I state as he nods, not tearing his eyes from my face.

The heat creeps up my neck under his gaze.