Chapter 22- Care

-Alaina-

I hear the running water as I sit at the window, watching each drop as it trails down the glass, desperate to reach the bottom.

Warmth suddenly surges through my body as Dominic slowly places himself behind me on the bed, taking me into his arms and tugging me closer.

The room is quiet, only the gushing water coming from the bathroom and the gentle tapping of the rain can be heard.

My back rests against his chest, my body drowning in the now dry hoodie.

His head is propped on my shoulder, also watching the outside world.

As he lifts up, he takes my hand in his, pulling me with him.

He takes me into the bathroom, my vision focusing in on the now full, steaming tub of water.

A lazy smile plays on his lips as I try to smile back.

He goes to leave, shutting the door.

Until I stop it with my foot, fiddling with the strings hanging from my hood.

Like he already knew, he walks back in, his hands going straight to my waist.

He kisses my hair, lifting the hoodie back over my head.

Neither of us speak, just being here is enough.

His hands travel to the hem of my shirt, looking at me.

I give him a gentle nod before he lifts that up too.

Grasping my shoulders softly, he turns me around, working on the latch of my bra.

He removes the rest of my clothes, his eyes never even taking a glimpse below my face.

One hand covers my body, the other in his as he guides me into the hot water.

I stay sat forward, tense, as he observes my face from beside me.

Sitting himself on his knees, he grabs the shampoo I brought the first time I stayed here.

He begins massaging it into my scalp, my body relaxing ever so slightly, relishing in the feeling.

For some reason, he takes care of me, like it's all he knows, knowing the boundaries right now and not going past them.

His finger tips work like magic on my head after the day I've had.

Applying conditioner to the ends of my hair, he sweeps it over my shoulder, kissing the small beauty mark there.

I know he's seeing the marks I have, each one I'm insecure about, and I push the overwhelming urge to run and hide away, just allowing him to look after me.

His face is focused, concentrated, simply on me.

Nothing else.

As I sit forward, I see his hand reach out, pushing me back against the rim of the bath, my body fully relaxing for the first time today.

He gently scrubs my body, looking up at me for any sign of protest against him, my eyes showing none.

My body is swallowed in a thick, soft towel and then sat on the surface of the counter.

I watch as Dominic washes his hands and dries them, grabbing the array of face creams and washes.

That line appears between eyebrows like it does whenever he's confused.

I reach out, tapping just a simple moisturiser.

He takes a small amount on his finger, touching my cheeks, my forehead, so soft as if I'm the most delicate thing to him.