Epilogue

-Alaina-

Taking a break when I get cramp for the 4th time while getting into the dress, I look into the mirror.

It's honestly gorgeous, I'm just second guessing whether it looks good on me.

My phone dings and I pick it up, praying it's something good.

My bitch <3

stop overthinking it, darling.

you're going to look perfect.

Me

how did you know that, stalker?

My bitch <3

it's you, Alaina, you overthink everything.

I scoff at the message, throwing my phone onto the coffee table behind me.

I do not 'overthink everything', but I am starting to think I chose the wrong color scheme.

Ava bursts through the door, just in time for her to tie the back of my dress.

It's sort of a basic wedding dress, but I like it.

The top is tight and lacey, the neckline swooping low and in a sort of v-shape, held by thin, spaghetti straps.

Now the bottom, it has some lacey, floral designs along the skirt. It's pretty puffy, but not crazy.

It's not what I expected myself to want, but I saw it and I just decided it was for me.

"Ready?"

"For wh-"

The air is pushed out of my lungs when she pulls on the strings of corset-like dress.

"I don't think that's how your supposed to do it." I grunt out, holding my stomach.

"Did it hurt?"

"No, just shock."

"Then  yes, I did it right."

"Loosen it a little."

Look, if I'm having a party in my honour, there isn't a chance I'm have a dress so tight that I can't eat enough food for a family of 5.

When I feel air enter my lungs again, I let her tie the silk straps.

I feel her hands on my shoulders and she looks at me in our reflection.

I wait for some sentimental shit to come out of her mouth.

"You look hot." she wipes a fake tear from her eye.

I know better than to expect anything other than that.

"Now. Are you going to go out there and marry that dashing man in that expensive suit or have I wasted my time these past few years?"

"Years?" I raise my eyebrows.

"What kind if friend would I be if my life purpose wasn't to plan your wedding and then marry a rich man?" she says like its the most obvious thing.

"What does the rich man have to do with me?"

"Nothing, just thought it was relevant." she shrugs.

Her face softens.

I feel her lips brush my face and she grins at me.

"But seriously. I'm proud of you. You did good."

She smooths down any creases in my dress and we just stand there for a moment.