Expresso x Madeleine ❤️‍🩹 (Highschool AU)

(image not mine!)
❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎

It was the 14th of April, a warm and sunny afternoons outside with a cool breeze. Cookie students in hallways getting everything ready to end the day as the announcements play. This one was a little different. One thing that was mentioned caught their attention.

"Tonight will be the prom! It starts at 6:30 and ends at 8:45. You need a ticket to enter the building and you will need a ride to get home."

Madeleine's expression on his face was ecstatic, since he loved parties and having fun. Espresso on the other hand, not so much. He didn't really like socializing, and saw no point in doing so. Madeleine was almost jumping with excitement. But, then his smile faded into a small frown.
"I almost forgot... I have to get a good grade on my physics test if I want to take Espresso to the prom." Madeleine thought to himself. His grades weren't always the best and he was failing almost every class, other than P.E. His parents were slightly disappointed when they saw his report card, they decided that the only way to get his grades up is that if he continues getting low grades, then he won't be able to attend any extracurricular activities. He stayed deep in thought for a minute, then the bell rang for classes to end, which snapped him back into reality. Espresso waited near the blonde and put a hand on his desk. Madeleine stared at the brunette, for a few seconds.

"Do you want me to wait for you or do you want me to go without you?" Espresso asked, tapping his fingers on the desk with one hand, and carrying his books and laptop in the other.

"No no, it's alright! i have all my stuff so we can go now!" He replied, rushing out the door. Espresso followed with as they walked towards their lockers, which coincidentally were sort of next to each other. Their lockers are three lockers apart, so whenever one finishes they'll wait for the other one. Madeleine put everything he needed in his backpack, closed his locker and waited by Espresso's locker for Espresso to finish. Espresso grabbed his backpack, handing it to the blonde, and heading on their way home.

"So, did you get your grade up?" Espresso asked. Espresso knew about the situation and thought it would be helpful to assist Madeleine with studying and trying to get those grades up. Madeleine had a small frown on his face.

"..No, I got a D- on my physics test." madeleine mumbled.
"Even though I helped you study?" The brunette asked, frowning a bit. The blonde nodded slightly while looking at the ground.
"I won't be able to take you to the prom Ess. My sincerest apologies." Madeleine said. Espresso stopped walking for a bit and put one hand on the blonde's cheek, the other brushing the strands of hair out of his face and both hands cupping his cheeks. The blonde stopped and turned to face the shorter one

"It's alright, don't beat yourself up over it. I'm not a fan of proms anyway, and I dislike social events altogether. We can do something, with just the two of us." The short brunette stated, with a soft smile; his eyebrows forming a somber expression. The blonde smiled and placed a hand over his, and kissed the shorter ones forehead.

"You should probably head home now. I'll be back here to pick you up later tonight." Madeleine spoke, giving Espresso his bag. Espresso nodded and kissed Madeleine's cheek.
"See you then." He replied as he walked off into the distance.
___________
——————
610 words! sorry this took so long to get out, school was a hassle but i'm on spring break now. so hopefully i'll be able to put more of these oneshots out! :)