Licorice & Espresso headcanons 💛📝

Requested?: No, just something to keep the book alive.
Trigger warnings?: Angst, mentions of s/h, gaslighting and d34th
—————

Basic Info:
Licorice Cookie
Age: 17
Gender: Trans Male
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexuality: Bisexual
European/French
5'7"

Espresso Cookie
Age: 28
Gender: Cis Male
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexuality: Bisexual
British & Canadian
5'2"
———————-
———————-

Fluff:

✿ Because espresso is older than licorice, espresso acts like a stern but considering parent. licorice feels a lot of comfort from him and thinks that espresso is a huge father figure. He accidentally called espresso "mom" one time though and espresso just stuck with it. So then when they joke around licorice jokingly says "hey guys this is my mom" and whenever licorice is like "you're not my mom" espresso will say back "i am your mom".

✿ espresso puts his hand on licorice's shoulder when he's stressed because it helps calm him down

✿ Espresso has physically had to use the airplane trick TWICE, and one time was for something with PEANUT BUTTER.

✿ If licorice is struggling in school, espresso would help him with his homework.

✿ Espresso doesn't think iced coffee is "real" coffee, so if Licorice got iced coffee he would silently judge or physically ask him "Are you seriously going to drink that..?"

✿ Licorice hates Madeleine with a burning passion and often times he'll try and drive espresso away from him-
• This is due to licorice's fear of being abandoned and shut out, so he believes that Espresso loves Madeleine more than him (even tho espresso and madeleine are fucking married 🧍🏾) and he's just jealous in general. he also believes that Madeleine will take up all espresso's time and they won't see each other as much as they do.

Angst:
⎈ Espresso does not hesitate to head over to licorice's house to make sure he's taken care of himself correctly even if clover has already done so. if licorice hasn't cleaned his room, espresso would clean it with him, if he was upset he would be there to listen and if he hasn't gone outside/gotten fresh air then espresso goes to the park with him even if he doesn't want to. he cares for licorice and actually feels like he should parent licorice because his foster parents didn't parent him correctly.

⎈ These two will fight/argue sometimes, but the last thing espresso wants to do in an argument is get physical.
• espresso is sort of like mother gothel with licorice. he's somewhat manipulative towards him in an argument and sometimes will lie and say he "doesn't know what licorice is talking about" when he clearly does. he specifically does this when licorice is onto something; guilt tripping him into thinking that espresso is always right or will just guilt trip him in general; but then espresso twists the words and will often pat his head while saying things "what makes you think i don't love you at all? i am the very last person who wouldn't love you." to guilt trip and manipulate his feelings in the argument. This isn't in EVERY argument; but this is often used.
• even though espresso does love licorice (in a motherly/fatherly way), he has a hard time expressing it genuinely.
• They still have a good relationship, it's just not AWFULLY toxic

❄︎ Espresso will often bandage licorice's arms and makes sure he changes the bandages out.

❄︎ Espresso knew Licorice's birth mom very well, and he knew his foster mom well. So sometimes if licorice asked what his birth mom was like before she died, he would tell stories of her.