another black pearl x captain caviar oneshot cause im obsessed with these two 😨

requested? yeah by AmethystAnt
trigger warnings?: mentions of abandonment, nightmares, angst-
side notes: I made the two get together in this one, so it's kinda like a double for the person who requested- also I feel like black pearl can have legs on land but she just doesn't do it as often- so in this one she has legs 👍 also this is a slight spoiler for the black pearl story
IM SO SO SORRY FOR NOT THAT MANY UPLOADS- also my birthday passed, so i completely forgot to publish this for a while- SORRY IF ITS TOO SHORT
———
————

Black Pearl tiptoed down the hallway, trying not to make a sound. She then looked out the curtain, to see a full moon in the sky, as it was half past midnight now. Captain Caviar was asleep in the other room, or... So she presumed. She got a small glass of water, and decided to watch TV until she felt sleepy again. Captain Caviar woke up and heard the TV.

"I thought I turned that off..." He murmured. He went down the stairs when he saw Black Pearl on the couch channel surfing.
"Ahem." he whispered, catching Pearl's attention. She looked over in the hallway, seeing him leaning against the wall.

"Why are you up at this time, Pearlie?" he questioned, looking concerned. She played with her messy curls, looking down at the floor.

"It.. It's idiotic." She mumbles, her eyes avoiding his gaze. Captain Caviar sighed, as he walked towards the couch. He moved the hair out of her face, to see more of her.

"Pearl, whatever it is, I'll listen. It's not stupid at all." He gave her a comforting smile, to reassure her about her worries, as he gave her hand a gentle squeeze. "I promise you. You can tell me anything, Pearlie."

Pearl looked at the floor once more, as she tried to collect her thoughts.

"I had a nightmare." She sighed. "It was about the night we met." Pearl briefly explained, tightly hugging the pillow in her arms. She sighs shakily into the pillow. Caviar pulls her closer.

"Hey," he paused, looking down at her. "It's okay, it was just a nightmare. You want to tell me the rest?" His voice at a quietness. It was almost odd, considered how Caviar's voice is usually booming, loud and ambitious; but now it's soft and almost sweet. Black Pearl looks down and sighs.

"It's a lot, are you still willing to listen?" She looked back up. Captain caviar looks up at her, pressing a small kiss to her forehead.

"I'm all ears, Pearl. It could be a lecture and I'd still listen." He smiles reassuringly. "Do you trust me?"

Black Pearl cookie looks up at him with a small smile, leaning onto his shoulder. "Why yes," She paused, closing her eyes and sighing.

"I do."

———-
457 words.