Forgiveness

This story was created based on my relationship with my father. I hope you enjoy and please review if you don't mind.

I am also on Fanfiction.net under the name DaniMason and Archivefourown under FangirlWriter1!

-FangirlWriter

Danny was having a hard time with his family. How could he forgive them for all the pain they caused him? They destroyed his childhood. He always had to clean up after his father's messes. He had to deal with absentee parents, arguments, and everything. They barely had any money for anything but inventions and home. Food was hard to come by, Danny had to get a job at Nasty Burger.

Jazz had to get a job too, luckily with her grades and reputation, she got a very well-paying (for a non-high school graduate) job as a teacher's assistant. Between the both of them, groceries were on the table and they put some aside for their futures. Obviously, in a very classist school, it didn't help their already bad place in the social ladder.

Danny was desperately trying to raise his grades so he could get into colleges and hopefully get some scholarships. It was really hard with all the ghosts that wanted to mess around in Amity Park. Luckily Danny made a deal with Pandora and Frostbite which was where they would take turns in taking care of Danny's villains during the weekdays. In exchange, whenever they needed help, he would help.

It had really been helping him sleep and get all his homework done. He had all straight A's now. He hoped it was enough. He was looking into community college and hopefully studying astronomy.

Anyway, in recent weeks, his parents have promised to do better and it looked like everything just might change. They haven't had to pay for groceries in weeks and both Danny and Jazz have been squirreling away their money in their savings accounts because you can't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Jazz said forgiveness can help your anger to go away. And he wanted this burning rage to leave. It felt almost numb now. He was still mad but it is like it was dulled. This wasn't forgiveness, was it?

Maybe he would forgive them someday but for now, he was angry. Still, he knew if he forgave them, he would never let them get away with what they did again.