Travel 1 : A day to remember

3rd person's POV

ABC Hospital, Chennai

10:30 pm :

"No one knows what happens in the next moment of our life..."

A lady who is in her middle 30's came rushing inside the hospital with her elder sister Mrs.Lakshmi Kumar, who got sudden delivery pain in the middle of night. The lady is holding her 6 year old nephew in one hand while calling for help in the hospital. A nurse came running seeing their condition and shouted for a ward man to bring stretcher. After placing the latter person in the stretcher, they took her to the emergency ward while the former person released the breath that she was holding for a long time.

Latha Karthick, lakshmi's younger sister who has been staying in her sister's house for past 6 months after her husband Karthick's death. Lakshmi's husband Raghav kumar is out of town for a important meeting and no one expected that Lakshmi will be having her delivery pain prior one week. So when Latha's nephew 'Rajeev Kumar' came to her crying about her mother's pain in the middle of night at 10:00 pm she started panicking and informed Raghav through a common phone booth opposite to their house and called a nearby transport immediately to reach the hospital while convincing a crying Rajeev beside her. She is finally relieved after admitting her sister in the hospital.

She thought of calling their parents but decided to keep that plan away perfectly knowing that they will not take their phone call. After calling Raghav from the nearby landline,to check upon his whereabouts who is on his way back to chennai to welcome his new family member. Then she started to call other family members to let them know the details while a confusing Rajeev sat there watching her speaking in phone with tear in his eyes.

When Latha noticed Rajeev crying she instantly cut the call and made him sit on her lap. She brushed away his tears from his cheeks and smiled at him.

" Lathu is Amma alright?" Rajeev asked her
(Amma is the word used to address mom in Tamil)

Latha smiled hearing him calling her lathu, the way she insisted him to call. Eventhough lakshmi didn't liked it when his son called her sister with name she can't do anything with this aunt and nephew duo.

"Yes raj kanna, she will be perfectly fine and you know you are going to be a big bro soon" she said to him.
(Kanna is a tamil endearment used to call dear)

Raj's eyes twinkled with happiness hearing his aunt tell that he is going to be a big brother soon. He is happy that finally he can able to play with someone in his home when his mom restricts him to play with his neighbour friends after 6 pm.

" But what is her.....hmmm her name lathu?, how should i call her?" He asked her with a perplexion.

Latha looked him with amusement and asked " How are you so sure that it is a her, it can be a him too"

"No i need a sister like arjun from my class, he always tells that his sister is the best but i want to tell him that my sister is also the best" He protested and started crying again.

" heyyy okay okay! you will be having a sister okay? but tell me even if it is a brother you will tell arjun that your brother is the best and take care of him well " she inquired him.

Raj thought about it for a while and then smiled brightly at her " Yes i will take care of him but i will love my sister"

Latha laughed at his reply and nodded.

" Okay that's between you and your sister but now let's sit here and wait for the doctor to inform about your mom okay?" She asked him

Raj nodded and started to play with his aunt's bangles.