Travel 14 : Gradual changes

One month later,

Nithya's pov :

Everything is going good.

Well, not everything. There is still some stress with our studies is going on but other than that life looks tranquil for now.

One month passed away like a breeze, with my chaotic friends and my newly blossomed friendship with gautham.

It's going really good, better than I expected it to be. There are still moments when i stutter to speak when I am with gautham, there are also moments when I feel so overwhelmed with the way he is spending time with me, not only in institution but also in school. He acknowledges me and spends time with me in school. Sometimes during breaks and sometimes during dispersal time.

He is not exactly added in our group yet because Riyaansh is still giving him a curt face everytime he is around. Even Shruthi took sometime to built some kind of acquaintance with him for me. And then there is Indhu, who is still trying to acknowledge him as it always takes time for her to get mixed with someone, especially if it is a guy.

Exactly a month before when i reconciled my then short term friendship with gautham again, Riyaansh got so angry to the point that he ignored me the next four days and didn't talk to me. It made me really upset and it started to make me doubt myself about the decision I made.

I was not able to stay without talking to him, so I made his favourite oreo cupcakes with some help from Indhu, who is a very good baker. I asked her the recipe and made her do one infront of me as a demo and then the next day, I made few by myself with no assistance and it turned out so good.

'liar liar' My mind chimed in and made me feel guilty again.

Okay, so it didn't turn out that good. I half burnt it and got a good scolding from my mom for wasting everything. She had to clean the whole kitchen for a long time to clean the mess I have created. I didn't enter kitchen after that. I couldn't do anything with the burnt cakes so i ended up having no choice but to make Riyaansh as the scapegoat to eat it. If my mom knew i wasted all the products insured in the cake just to throw it away, she will start to scold me again.

So i made some work to wrap that inside a small basket and decided to give him a visit to his palace.

When i reached his house, and gave him the cakes wrapped that was wrapped in the small basket at first, he outrightly ignored me and went inside leaving the door open for me to enter.

That stubborn idiot didn't even open the basket the whole time but just let me in and went straight to his room and locked the door.

How dare he!!

If you think I just let him get away easily, then you are wrong. I started tapping on his door wildly until he opened it. He just peered down at me without opening the door fully and glared at me. I glared back, who does he think himself as? I am more stubborn than this idiot.

He was standing there motionlessly for a while before opening the door widely for me to get in.

Without hesitating, i entered inside his room and kept the basket with my special half burnt oreo cupcake on his dressing table. After giving it another satisfying look, i plopped myself down on his bed and waited for him to check the box.

He looked at the box for a few minutes like watching a lizard crawling on the wall.

What the hell!

I was offended, why was he looking at the box like that when he doesn't even know what was inside it? Okay I know, the stuff inside it is gonna suck when he eat it but still I made the effort to do that for him. Why was he behaving like that?