Road Trip

I woke up the next morning in the car, mason was halfway asleep when I looked at him. I hit him in his arm "get up "I said. He leaned back and turned on the next exit. "im sleepy,ya know its about your turn to drive now. "he said. I took my shoes off "im hungry". He looked at the road. "what do you thing im doing?".I put my hand up and layed back.

we pulled up to a chick fil-a on the side of the road. He got out and went inside. I checked my messages thinking that gabby had already texted me.i put my shoes on and got out and joined him at a table. He stood up "well what do you want? "he asked."it doesn't matter,im just very hungry". He shook his head and walked to the order line. I sat up and started to think about my children, I missed them so much. I missed them fighting over toys, I missed their cry and I missed their little voices. I turned to the window and watched the cars fly past each other watched as a white car and a dirty orange car pull up next to our car. Eventually mason came back with two biscuits, a glass of coffee and orange juice. He handed me the coffee and one of the biscuits. I looked at him. "thank you". He took a bite of his biscuit"yeah yeah".I got upset. "you've been acting cranky all morning!" "I have been awake all night driving our asses to Florida for OUR HONEYMOON!" "IM TIRED!".I looked around everyone was looking at us.He took another bite, I got up took my stuff and went to the car.i put my stuff down and got in the car,I put my hands on my face and took a deep breath.

I sat in the car for about five minutes before he came out."mack...look im sorry"."i nodded "Yeah ...me too".i reached over and gave him a hug,he hugged me back. I grabbed his hands and kissed him,He touched my arms and kissed me back."i love you"i said."i know"he responded.we sat back and breathed for a second. "I'll drive"i said.he nodded and got out we switched places.i got comfortable and drove off . he pulled out his phone and started making videos.i looked at him then looked back on the road .

the whole day we were in the road. We listened to music and talked about going back to school. I was kind of excited but again being a senior is a lot of drama and I have to pay more for the kids to get to daycare. For the night we decided to get a hotel, obviously it was a cheap one because the hotel had a messed up TV and the window was cracked a little. I was so tired of driving. Mason decided to go grab some food I just took a shower and went to sleep.

I woke up to a loud noise outside, I stumbled over to the window and looked out. I saw to guys fighting. I ran over to mason. "get up!". "I'm up, I'm up!". I pointed to the window. "those guys are fighting outside!". He opened and ran out the door I grabbed the key and I followed him outside." what's going on?". They stopped. "well, he had sex with my wife! "one of them said.me and mason looked at each, I looked at the floor. "no that was my girlfriend!" I took the one with a bloody nose in the room. "you ok?"I asked. He looked down."yeah fine". I looked at him and gave him a wet towel. "here, keep this on your nose". He smiled "thank you ma'am". Mason walked in with the other guy."im sorry bro"he said"shes not worth our friendship "he said back. they hugged, walked out and started talking. I washed my hands and me and mason walked to the lobby to get breakfast. I grabbed a muffin and some coffee and sat down across from mason "we got one more hour left "I said. Mason looked up "ill drive". I held his hand and finished eating.

when we got back to the hotel room, we got ready to hit the road. I grabbed some stuff and got in the car. I turned to my favorite radio station,96.I sat back in the passenger seat. later mason joined me."you ready"."wait..no "I took out my phone and took a picture "now "I said. We didn't stop anywhere for the rest of the way. When I could see Disney world I got excited. We pulled up and sat for a second. "we made it "I said. He looked at me and smiled."naw we didn't".I laughed then stopped. "very funny "I said then got out the hot car and took a deep breath.