Chapter 8

|Years Ago|

"Shoto" Natsuo said. Shoto turned the page of the book he was reading.

"Yes?" He asked.

"You are supposed to be in bed" Natsuo said. Shoto looks at Natsuo.

"I'm not sleepy" He said. Fuyumi fixed her glasses on her face. She continued to read the newspaper.

"But you have school in the morning" Fuyumi said.

"I know that" He said. Touya walked into the living room with a towel around his neck.

"You guys are making too much noise. Shoto, go to my room, you should be asleep" Touya said.

"Okay" Shoto got up and walked upstairs. Natsuo looks back at Touya.

"Bro..." Natsuo said.

"What?" Touya asked.

"What? Seriously? Why are you making that kid be so considerate toward you?" Natsuo asked.

"Considerate? He is? Toward me?" Touya asked. Fuyumi sighs.

"It really is impressive how imperceptive you are" She said.

"He already ran away once. This idiot never learns" Natsuo said. Touya walked over to them and sat in between them.

"What's with you two?" He asked.

"Normally he goes straight to your room without being told, but today he got your permission. And he couldn't find an opportunity to ask you himself so he was forced to wait until this late. I don't know if I'd call it admirable, but it's so awkward, I could cry" Natsuo said.

"Why are you guys suddenly siding with Shoto?" Touya asked.

"We are his siblings after all" Fuyumi said. Touya looked at Fuyumi.

"Liar. You've acted totally disinterested until now" He said.

"You were just sticking so close to him that there was no room for us" Natsuo said.

"Huh?" Touya asked, looking at Natsuo.

"And you're making it sound like it's our fault" Fuyumi said.

"Bro, you're too imperceptive. If that's not your intention, why don't you just tell him so?" Natsuo asked.

"What intention?" Touya asked.

"To do what you're done with women until now" Fuyumi said. Touya looked down.

"I'm sorry!" He said.

"Why is he repenting?"

|Timeskip|

Touya walked to his room and opened the door. He saw Shoto under the covers, reading a book.

"Shoto, you're still awake?" He asked. Shoto looks back at him.

"I was just reading since I thought it would make me sleepy" Shoto said.

"Really? You seemed pretty into—wait what?" Touya walked over to Shoto and looks at the book.

"White Fang? That brings back memories. Do you remember how I used to read that to you?" Touya asked.

"I do" Shoto said.

"Take good care of it. It's my favorite book" Touya said. Shoto looks at the book.