Chapter 5

"I met Blake a little over six months ago. Just like now he had actually injured himself on his way up here. Unlike normal hikers he wasn't carrying his hiking bag or anything and not only did he look like someone who was in pain physically but also emotionally." Killian said stopping for a second to find that I was looking and listening to him intently.

"Did you already live here by then?" I asked.

"Not exactly, it's more like I visit here. I have a small cabin about seven minutes away from here if you know your tracks and on a good day without rain, it's pretty easy to get lost here if you're not paying attention to your surroundings and if you don't know the area." Killian explained.

"I see, okay. Please carry on with your story, sorry for interrupting before." I apologized knowing that some people hated being interrupted.

"It's no problem, anyway I helped the injured man up and helped him over to my place so that I could check his injuries and find out why he was here and why he was hiking on such bad weather, believe it or not it was actually a pretty similar setting to this one. It was raining and pretty windy that day and you know how dangerous this mountain can get then, because of how slippery it gets." He explained taking a small break as he took the pot with the now boiling water and made his way to the cabinets where he had pulled out cups and poured the water in the cups before he added some sugar.

"Thank you." I said taking the cup of tea from him.

"You're welcome, I hope you don't mind black tea." He said.

"Not at all." I replied holding the cup with both hands.

"Where were we?" He quietly asked himself.

"You took him over to your place to look over his wounds and it was raining and windy." I retold him the story and watched him nod in understanding before he carried on.

"Yes, so I found out that he had bruised his ribs and just like today, he had sprained his ankle." He said with a sigh as he slowly shook his head, before he threw a quick glance at the sleeping man and before turning his attention back to me.

"I knew that it would be risky to try and take him down the mountain trails, not only because he was injured meaning that I would have to be more careful with him but also because it's risky getting down in general because of the muddy paths that formed because of the rain. Climbing down alone is risky but you can try, however, climbing down with with an injured person is another story." He explained.

"Angway, I nursed him back to health and then I helped him fix this cabin which has been abandoned for over ten years." He explained.

"I want to ask what happened to him since you said that he looked emotionally in pain as well, but that's a story for him to tell me himself, I suppose." I said and watched Killian nod.

"Thank you for all that you have done for him, if it wasn't for you, who knows what would have happened to him." Killian said with a sad smile.

"I just happened to be there at the right time is all." I said with a small smile.

"How modest of you to say." He said chuckling in amusement as he took a sip of his tea.

"I was thinking of leaving, I should be getting myself home." I said looking at the steaming tea in my fingertips.

"It's not very safe at the moment. I wouldn't advise it." He said looking at me with worry.

"I guess so, I'm just scared that people might start worrying." I said even though it had only been a couple of hours since I've been up here.

"I know. You could use my phone to call someone at home if you'd like." He offered.

"Thank you, I might just take that offer." I smiled.