Chapter 15

Dhwani stood still with her eyes fixed on the kettle that she was using to prepare the lemon tea but her mind was still occupied by Rudra. A part of her was saying that something was not right. That Rudra Singhania was upto something... something disastrous was yet to come.

A part of her wanted to believe the thought and another was supporting Rudra, telling her that his intentions was clear. "This is not right," she muttered yet the same thing she was telling to herself since she woke up. Their relationship was too weak.

Rudra was a person from the start that showed no likeness for her. "And secondly... I would not even spare glance to a girl like you... forget about marrying them."

The sorrowful words said by her 'beloved' husband came itself repeating in her mind. How harshly he had said those words on her face and the next day had turned soft towards her, just like a gentleman. Rudra Singhania was the brother always in controversies for either his success and achievements or hookups, one-night stands, daring dating, charming and then breaking numerous hearts. Dhwani was aware of all of it.

The idea of girls falling for a selfish and shameless brat like Rudra had grossed her until she saw his charming side last night. It was enough to trap any girl and she didn't wanted to be that any girl.

It was decided. She was going to maintain distance from him as much as possible, she won't be a fool to fall in his trap. It was what she did with Vinay and regretted it but not with Rudra. She trusted no one... not even her parents and she going to stick with that self.

With a sigh, Dhwani broke her chain of thoughts and took the kettle off from the gas stove when she had noticed the atmosphere in the kitchen had fallen deadly silent. Her gaze shifted from the kettle to the woman behind her and the cause of silence in the kitchen.

Gauri's eyes were not glaring at her today, it was calm and she had a poker face plastered on her face. The corner of Dhwani's lips twitched, irritablely when she had turned her focus on making herself a lemon tea. She could feel Gauri walking behind to standing beside her.

"Do you know that no one in this family likes lemon tea?" She heard her questioning. Dhwani had shook off her head. "I'm making it for no one but myself."

She saw Gauri's lips twitching up that somewhat felt like her... smiling. Oh this was not good when Gauri Singhania was smiling! It is said that a smile is the most attractive feature in your body... it is enough to provide a person comfort and affection but her mother-in-law's smile had alerted every cell in her body and her sane mind to yell that this is not good. Terribly not good.

"Let's have some chat Dhwani, shall we?" Gauri questioned politely and Dhwani couldn't help but nod. Gauri pulled Dhwani along with her to the royal garden by opening a white door in the kitchen that Dhwani never knew that existed. It blended with the white interior design of the kitchen that it camouflaged in front of naked eye.

The weather was pleasant today, there was no sign of a cloud in the sky that could be seen and the cool breeze greeted them before rushing past them had made her feel splendid.

"So Dhwani... what do like the most?" asked Gauri.

"Dancing... classical dancing," the one word was out of her mouth before Dhwani could think any other hobbies of her's. She didn't had many hobbies of her's either hence the only she could happily say aloud was dancing.

"Dancing? Oh dear you know what we call the woman who dance? A courtesan," the woman declared before she glared and Dhwani was on the edge to laugh.

'Apparently, it seems like that the mother and son duo either skipped the English class or never bothered to learn that language' Dhwani thought before she turned to face her mother-in-law.