SUCCUMBED BY ILLNESS

RACHEL'S POV

I walked into Raven's tent her eyes moving from her work and to me before she smiled brightly "Good I'm glad you didn't get sick." I smiled and nodded "Can I help?" She nodded her head "Hell yeah!"

I sat down next to Raven on her work bench and I knew immediately we were trying to fix the radio, "You know how to do this?" Raven asked "Yeah, I had a friend on the ark we fixed radios and stuff like that all the time." I said smiling at a memory.

*FLASHBACK 3 YEARS AGO ON THE ARK*

After school I immediately walk as fast as I can to my best friends Luke's flat he had told me earlier that morning walking me to class that he found an old busted radio in a storage closet and took it to fix.

Once I made it to his room number 313 I knocked twice, as kids Luke and I had decided to make a sequence of knocks on our door so we knew who it was before opening the door.

I heard footsteps and Luke immediately opened the door as I rushed in, Luke was older then me by 3 and a half years. I was 15 so that made Luke 17. But our age difference didn't mean anything to us as we had so much in common.

"Are you ready chel?" Luke asked grabbing my hands and leading me into his bed room "Yes show me!" I laughed, once in his room Luke brought me to his desk and pulled a blanket off to reveal a radio.

"When you said a broken radio, I didn't think you mean shattered." I mused looking at his as he playfully rolled his eyes. "I have to be prepared for my test in a month, they change what they test you on every year! Last year it was fixing the unfixable. So this is what I'm starting with, with you help of course."

I nodded my head in understanding, "So where do we start?" Luke walked to his bed and pulled out his tablet. He had found the exact model of the radio along with a diagram of each piece and where they belong.

"We can put this thing back together easy, the hard part will be when we have to get it to actually function." I nodded at his words as I got his tool box from under his bed, Luke looked at me "Can you find the pieces I need for each phase?" "Yes, now let's get this thing going."

Luke laughed and handed me his tablet as I looked at the diagram and started to find each piece he will need for each phase and putting them in a pile before working in the next phase and putting them in a separate pile.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

"Mind if I ask who?" Raven questioned "Luke, he lived on Factory station with me." Raven's eyes widened "I know who you're talking about! I used to watch him go out on spacewalks and fix the ark. I wish I was him when he did that."

"Yeah, he always dreamed of going on a spacewalk, he wanted me to watch from a window while he did it. Too bad I got put Into the sky box before I had the chance." I sighed sadly before going to fiddle with the radio.

Raven and I snapped our heads when we heard yelling both of us immediately rushing out of the tent to see what's up, once we left her tent we saw people yelling as some guys eyes bled. He was sick. "Get to the dropship. Now." Bellamy ordered him pointing to the drop ship.

"Hey are you okay?" I turned to see raven looking at a young girl looked pale suddenly she spat blood onto the guy closest to her the blood landing on his face. "Oh, my God. Oh, my God, it's on me. Get away! Get back! Get back!" He screamed at her.

"Calm down!" Bellamy stated trying to diffuse the situation a guy near the source of the commotion held his gun up pointing it at all the infected, "Put that gun down. Put that gun down. Put it down!" Finn screamed over the loud voices.

Two gunshots ripped through the air causing every to jump and remain silent, "This is exactly what the Grounders want. Don't you see that? They don't have to kill us if we kill each other first." Clarke shouted dropping the rifle down as she swayed slightly but quickly recovered.