Chapter Twenty-Two: Elena and the Secret of Avalor. Part Two

We finally arrived at Alacazar's house. Sofia knocked on the door and a woman answered. We asked her about Alacazar but the woman just told us he didn't live there anymore. We said that we knew that and explained that we needed to summon his Chanul. She claimed to not know what it was and that we wouldn't find it here. So, she shut the door on us. So much for that. But a boy got our attention asking how Sofia knew what a chanul was. He introduced himself as Mateo, Alacazar's grandson.

"Wait. You're Alacazar's grandson?" Sofia asked

"You know my grandfather?" Mateo asked

"Uh, sort of. My name is Sofia."

"And I'm her older sister (Y/N)," I said

"I know this might sound strange, but your grandfather sent me here to free Princess Elena and my sister's going to help," Sofia said

"Princess Elena?! Wait. That means... that's the Amulet of Avalor," Mateo said pointing at Sofia's amulet

"Yes. How did you know?" I asked

"My mother told me the story so many times, I memorized it. Follow me," Manteo said walking away.

"Where are we going?" Sofia asked, following

"To my workshop."

We follow him to a hole in the wall. We just crawled in, following Mateo down a secret hallway. It was quite a long way down to the workshop.

"When Queen Shuriki took over, she banned all magic except her own," Mateo explained

"So there are no wizards in Avalor?" Sofia asked

"So that's why she didn't want me to stay," I said as we arrived in a room full of spellbooks and scrolls.

"Not anymore. My grandma hid all my grandpa's things down here, but my mother never wanted anything to do with it. So it sat here all locked up until I found it. I've been trying to teach myself magic ever since. Okay, now let me think. I just need a few things."

Mateo took a few drumsticks, a candle, a book, and a carpet and set them all on the floor. He rolled out the carpet and told us to have a seat. We asked why and Mateo explained that we were going to summon his Grandfather's Chanul. Whatever magic we're performing, I've never seen it before. 

"What is a Chanul exactly?" I asked as we all sat down

"A spirit animal," Mateo said

"Oh, kinda like a Patronus?"

"Yes, exactly like one but slightly different. It's like a guide to all the magic stuff in the world that we can't see, like Princess Elena and it can't protect you from things like Demons and Soul-less creatures. Everyone skilled in magic only has one and everyone's is different. Anyway, it was my grandpa's Chanul who figured out she was in the amulet and told him how to get her out. Here we go."

Mateo looked for a drum and drumsticks for the ritual. He looked over the spell before explaining that this was his first time doing this so it might not work the first few times. We'll just give it a try. Mateo tried the spell but his drumstick broke so he tried again. This time, Alacazar's Chanul appears in the form of a wolf. Mateo greeted the Chanul who introduced himself as Zuzo. Mateo was really taking the whole spirit animal thing a bit too far so Zuzo came over to Sofia and me.

"So, you're the Princess and Sorceress that's gonna free Elena," Zuzo said

"I guess so," Sofia said

"All right then. Now here's what you two gotta do."

"Wait. I thought I just had to summon you."

"Uh-huh, so I can tell you two how to get her out. That's what spirit guides do. They guide you. First, you're gonna need the wand that put Elena in there."