Foreword

This volume is actually a pair of related tales taken from my writings both as a player and as a Dungeon Master of Dungeons and Dragons. All of the characters represented here are my own, with the exception of anyone in the pantheon of deities, monsters created by Wizards of the Coast, and worldbuilding of the Sword Coast (wherein two tales of adventures lay.)

As with all Dungeons and Dragons publications, please feel free to borrow and modify any character you like for your own tabletop RPG PCs (Or NPCs if you also DM.) Indeed, my own work has been influenced by the cast and work of Critical Role, by various Redditors on r/DnD or r/DMAcademy, and by source materials published by Wizards of the Coast All I ask is that you change the names!

Please feel free to comment or ask questions about the game, storyline or anything else you like! I would ask you to be respectful and reserve judgement, given that this line of tales is a vast departure from my 'usual' work.

Regarding Discussion Questions:

I know this tale is a steep departure from my usual writing style. There are many aspects of it that I, both as a player and a Dungeon Master (a DM) have really had to search my soul about. Reconciling my faith with my imaginary adventures at the game table has truly tested my faith, my beliefs about how God views our world (and those who dwell herein,) and what He expects of His children. Occasionally, sprinkled throughout these tales, there will be discussion questions posted. I usually don't add notes to the end of chapter sections because I don't like being pulled from the story, but, given the controversial nature of some content, I feel compelled by the Holy Spirit to do just that!

Trigger warnings!! These stories contain themes of human trafficking, racism, fantasy violence, illegal activities, and other immoral acts common to mankind.

Contents

Part 1, Rowan- This is the story of how the halfling mage, Rowan Greenmere, came to be an adventurer.

Part 2, The Perfect One- Gareth has never fit in with his own family. In fact, out of all his many siblings, only his adopted sister, Rowan, seems to truly understand him. Desperate to find true love and settle into married life, Gareth suffers repeated heartbreak until his heart feels shattered beyond repair. Watching from afar is Gareth's employee, the entirely unremarkable Gwn'itt, who hides deep secrets and stormy passions behind the bland exterior presented. Can Gwn'itt help Gareth, or will those secrets and passions create an impenetrable barrier between them?

Annoying housekeeping stuff:

This book was published only on Wattpad. If you are reading it on any other app or platform beside Wattpad or Wattpad.com, please note that the material you are reading has been pirated and may be infected with malware. Of Heroes and Happenings may be accessed for free on the original platform or app.