Discussion Question 13

Gareth's time alone 'to process' saw his thoughts about what had transpired over the previous days devolve into fears and worry about the future. Rather than focusing on the positive, Gareth allowed himself to be sucked into a morass of self-doubt as he compared himself to his father's example.

Do you ever get so caught up in what's wrong that you forget to look at what's good in life?

Read what Jesus says in Matthew 6:27-34.

Easier said than done sometimes, right? Telling someone not to think about something practically begs the mind to go there, it seems.

Move on to Philippians 4:6-9.

When you start to worry, Scripture says, first pray about them and ask God for help. Then, deliberately change the subject in you mind! Instead of rehearsing all the bad things that might be, think about good things! Your gas tank is low? Thank God for the vehicle! Start listing to yourself everything that is right in your life and in the lives of those you love. It takes a little practice, but you can train you mind to focus on the good. (Read verse 9 again.) When you do these things (pray and focus on the good things- the blessings- in your life,) then the God of Peace will be with you. Do you see that? PEACE!

Top that off with II Timothy 1:7.

Have a blessed, peace filled day!