Chapter 64-I'm Sorry

He stares into my orbs, the guise of certainty glistens in his gaze like lozenges in the sunlight, the small aplomb smile that tugs at my lips causes a small swell in my chest, although a single tear betrays me, sliding down my cheek, with my lips quivering and my orbs batting avidly to fight against the tears of pain, he stares at me not like I am broken or fragile, he wipes the tear away, gingerly grazing the skin of my cheek, this causes me to smile, I throw my arms around his neck and tug his body into my own. His hands heedfully place themselves upon my arching back as I eagerly merge our bodies together, I lay my head upon his chest and cling to the fabric of his shirt, inhaling his waning easing smell, it is almost conquered by the onusing smell of sand and pain, almost, but just before my laze starts to sink in, a loud shot is fired, I flinch and whirl towards the origin, I don't even recall erecting until I am on my feet "guys! Get down here!" Newt calls Thomas and Teresa as I espy Frypan lurching towards Winston swiftly. "Winston, what are you doing, man?" Frypan hests, my orbs widen as I note that Winston weakly grasps a gun in his hand "give me that!", Frypan swiftly confiscates the weapon from Winston who whimpers softly "what's going on?" Newt clamor as I stick close to him, Winston crawls upon his hands and knees, vainly essaying to reobtain the weapon "what happened?" Teresa queries as she and Thomas stumble under the shade of our sanctuary "I don't know!" Frypan replies, elevating his hands in relent to the two to array his guiltlessness "he just woke up and grabbed the gun, then he tried to-". Frypan is speaking quickly, almost making it nonviable to cognize him "give it back to me, please", Winston's exhort intervenes Fry, the boy extends his hand weakly as he once again essays to grasp the weapon, Thomas worriedly goes to Winston's side "Winston, are you okay?" Thomas queries gently, but as a response, Winston retches, hurling up a vile, thick liquid that is as dark as a starless, night sky, maybe even darker, as the ebony hue spills from Winston's lips like blood, the poor boy coughs and lurches turbulently, Thomas backs away in surprise, aghast. We all watch Winston as he wearily returns to his reclined position, breathing dully and aberrantly, he slants his head up, grabbing the rim of his shirt and peals it off of his stomach, everyone's orbs widen in horror at what he reveals to us, at our close range we can discern every odious detail of what is left of his abdomen, there are suken, ragged craters that slash around his frame, birthing their agonizing slice from under the cloth I had provided for him, which is still securely tucked around him, but the virus has elluded the thwart of the cloth. Diverging into these agrestal ropes of putrid vines that twine their way facilely around Winston's stomach, curling as if they were mere fingers clenching and clinging to the very vigor the sick boy requires, what lies in the valleys of these peak of pain is the horrid sight of his rotting flesh, which heinously curl off of their deputed sections, pealing away from the gashes, these intermix with the bulging ropes of the net that has him ensnared "it's growing inside me" Winston's ominously pained voice enters my ears as I gawk at the wreckage that ingests him. Some of the group looks away, unable to gaze at such a vile sight, tears swell in the rims of my orbs, but mock me by extending their stay, in my peripheral, I note Newt glancing at Thomas as Winston jadedly allows his head to fall back in the sand and he pulls down his shirt, I walk over to his left side and tuck my knees under me, settling next to him as I fix his shirt and remove the surge of sweat that torrents his forehead "I'm not gonna make it" he informs us, the clog in my throat worsens. "What?" I huff, shaking my head, as if the gesture would rebuke what he just uttered "no, Winston" I whisper, my lips stretch into a frail smile "you're fine, you're gonna be okay, just remember your promise, okay?" I choke on my idioms, he glances at me with a guise that carves itself into my memory, one that displays his pliance of death "please, don't let me turn into one of those things" he begs as he elevates his right hand, eager for the weapon, Frypan glances down at the gun, gripping it tightly, he won't do it. I almost ease at my infering, Winston's arm thumps hardly against the sand as it slakens, but when I espy Newt walk over to Frypan, my hopes are crushed, my chest aches "wait, Newt" Thomas essays to thwart him, he holds an identical hopeful twinkle in his orbs as I do, Newt glances at him, muting him with a single glare, Newt obtains the gun and slowly walks over to Winston, I gaze up at him, tacitly exhorting him not to enact what I am infering he is doing, he sighs, noting my gaze, but he squats down and obtains Winston's hand. Newt places the gun in his hand and rests his hand on his chest, orbs glazed over with a vacant stare "thank you" Winston huffs weakly "no" I huff, shaking my head in refusal, a single tear betrays me "now, get outta here" Winston chuckles feebly, Newt's orbs glisten with tears briefly before he closes his orbs and sighs heavily "goodbye, Winston" he bids, the tears are somehow lodged within my orbs as Newt erects and obtains his pack, I essaying not to break in front of Winston and remain hopeful "please don't" I enjoin him "I'm sorry".

Author's info- BOOM! Another amazing chapter and cliffhanger! Now, I know some of you might be yelling at me in rage right now because of the chapter I have just published, but hey, I went through worse just writing this, trust me, if you think you are crying, I am sobbing right now! I know, none of us really want to reread Winston dying right in front of us, but hey, I warned all of you at the beginning of the first book that I wanted to stick to the storyline of the movies, so whatever happened in the movies, will happen here, keep that in mind please for future references, but I have been adding in my own personal flare to the books, that way no one gets bored! So, yes, Winston will die, and as for those of you who are wondering, if Rose has abilities to heal, then why not heal Winston?, Well, I have thought of that as well, but I won't be revealing it until I feel it is necessary to reveal it to the world, and, trust me when I say this, you will be emotionally triggered when I finally explain why she didn't do it! Sorry, not sorry! But I am so happy for the response I have been getting for my first book!! It is absolutely amazing and I can't wait to see how many readers will continue this amazing journey with me and Rose! Also, this chapter is dedicated to Julicraze! This girl really helped me out when I was stumped, I was trying to figure out what I will be doing in the future of this adventure, and, even though I had revealed to her my future plans, she still promised me to still read the book and unload all her love and support! So this chapter is dedicated for only her! Check her out! She is so amazing and supportive and her books are beyond what this world deserves! She is really a great person to talk to! Now, I hope you have your tissues ready, because if you think this chapter was a sob story, then you are gonna really hate the chapters that I have waiting for you! Sorry, not sorry! But I hope you guys are having an amazing day! I hope all of you are staying safe and healthy! I love you all! Later reader!