Chapter 108-A Bomb

Rose's Point Of View
The soft whisper of my name is what awoke me, I hadn't realized I had fallen victim of fatigue until I was awoken from my deep slumber, I groan dulcetly, demurring against whatever was essaying to stir me, I am exhausted, but the whisper persists "Rose, Love, we are here", my orbs are alive and vigilant with those mere words, I gaze up and find Newt gazing down at me, I send him a groggy, ardent smile "good morning, Handsome" I greet him sweetly "morning, Beautiful", my heart sputters at the endearment, I should be accostomed to it. But I don't believe I ever will be, although he mirrors the grin I have, something almost indistinct flickers in his orbs, hinting conflict and sorrow, the soberness of his gaze fightens me, what must have occured for him to be like this?, I mull "what's going on?" I probe, gazing around the vehicle, noting how we are the sole ones inside "the others are just outside, Jorge says we have to go the rest of the way on foot, but he didn't want to wake you so the others are merely stretching their legs before we go". I huff in allay "sorry if I kept you guys" I pardon ruthfully "no, don't apologize, Love, you needed your rest, speaking of which, how did you sleep?", a flame of chary ignites withing his gaze, it is so paltry I almost don't espy it, almost, I don't wish to worry him, he has such an intolerable amount of stress already "I slept okay" I lie, hoping he doesn't catch it, he only grins and places his lips upon my own, I smile and melt into the link, curling my fingers into his locks and shifting myself to be closer. He cups my face gingerly, tangling his slender fingers in my hair, swiftly he severs, leaving me breathless, we both relax upon each others foreheads, orbs closed in relish of this moment "we should go" he murmurs, huffing loudly himself, I nod, licking my lips, warily he opens the side door, holding my back to prevent me from falling, I twist myself around and hop out of the vehicle, I grin at our small group, Jorge and Brenda are on the ground, forging a list of our supplies, Teresa settles alone on a sole rock, gazing blankly at the ground. I tuck my brows in addle to her gaze, but don't probe it, Frypan and Minho are teaching Aris how to sharpen a knife without cutting himself, although I am against it, I smile when the three of them laugh at Aris's failed attempts, my orbs finally locate Thomas, who is erected alongside the edge of the road, I antsily stroll to be beside him, the wind rushes to my face "you should take a step back" I warn him, my hands nervously wring the sleeves of my shirt, Thomas sends me a questioning glance "don't want you to fall". I inform him, he kindly takes a step back, I gaze down the road, noting the many abandoned cars decaying around us, blocking our path "time to go, Hermanos" Jorge notifies us, erecting to his feet, Brenda devises to do so, only for her to stumble to her feet, Jorge catches her by firmly seizing her arm, which she brushes off before dusting off her body, I notice her aspects are more flushed, feverish even, but I don't question it, knowing the rest of us are the same with the inexorable cold weather, we all begin to stroll down the cracked road. Overgrown weeds jut out from the already cracked and ruined road, I stumble a bit to the uneven ground, but I steady myself, humanity had claimed the mountain by chiseling into it's face to form a road, now the mountain is claiming back what was stolen from it, Jorge leads us cockily, with Brenda and Teresa behind him, conversing lowly, Minho, Newt and Aris a few steps behind them, me and Thomas fall behind, the uneasy and menacing embrace around us sends an icy chill down my spine "hey, Rose, come look at this" Thomas summons me lowly. I stroll over to him to gaze upon what he is pointing at, I tuck my brows together when I notice a large hole in the hood of the vehicle before us, I graze my fingers upon the hole addledly "is it just me or does that look like-", "a bullet hole" Thomas finishes for me, we share a fretful glance "but who would-", a loud gunshot disrupts me "TAKE COVER!" Thomas yells, I flinch, gasping as something whizzes right past my face at an astounding speed "ROSE! WATCH OUT!", innately Thomas yanks my hand and tugs me towards safety. The sole shot echoes off the mountains around us, deeming it impossible to locate the source, we duck behind a sole vehicle, Jorge joins us as we all pant from the scare, fear coursing through our veins "is everyone okay?! Is everyone alright?!" Thomas probes fretfully "where's Rose?!", Newt's accented and worried voice enters my ears, it lulls me "I'm okay, Newt! I'm here!" I reply "good that!", I gaze at Thomas with wide orbs "thanks" I huff, he smiles bashfully "no problem" he replies, the space around us goes eerily silent, we await for further shots, but none come. "Does anyone know where those bloody shots came from?!" Newt exclaims in a frazzled tone "just stay down! We will figure something out!" Thomas yells back "Marcus led us into an ambush" Jorge curses lowly, Thomas slowly peeks his head out from where we hide, but just as he does, another shot strikes the hood of the car, inches from his face "THOMAS!", I yank the boy back onto the ground, he huffs fearfully "what do we do?" I probe warily "we gotta create a diversion", Jorge presents an object before us "what is that?" I query timidly "a bomb".

Author's info- Hello reader! BOOM! Another amazing chapter with an okay cliffhanger! Okay, so we are back on Rose's point of view! I know you probably wanted more Newt but don't worry, there will be time for that, I will do it again but not until a few chapters later! I hope you guys are ready for it because I certainly am not! I am so close to ending this book! I can't wait!! I may not know how many chapters this book will have, but I will settle with whatever I get! Anyways, I hope you guys really loved this chapter and the last! I certainly loved the last one!! It was super juicy!! If you know what I mean, so, if there is any confusion, yes, Newt is in love with Rose, but the only reason he hasn't told her uet is because he doesn't really know what the word love means, he also is a bit weary of Rose now that he is getting the hint he isn't the only one Rose cares for, I wonder who it may be! And will Newt see past the fact that she will never be completely his and still love her? Or will he distance himself from her because he thinks he isn't worthy of her? You will have to find out! From now on, the chapters are gonna appear majorly rushed and full of events so let's hope I don't ruin the mood with my rambling! I hope you guys are loving the book as much as I am writing it! This is getting so good!!! Also, there are two hints in this chapter! Let's see if you can find it!!! I can't wait!! I gotta go! See you guys next chapter! Later reader!