Chapter Six

Chapter six

Tamron had launched himself at Victor and just a second later Liam was between them, blocking his attack, much to my relief. Poor Tam stopped from but he had an angry expression on his face.

"Don't be stupid," Liam spoke.

"I'm not going to let him do this to her," Tamron argued.

"By all means, let the lad continue so I can obliterate him. He can go be with his parents. Although that would truly leave only Trisha and I to raise little Aubrey. I can start young with her."

Tamron foolishly tried to get past Liam, and he sighed, holding out his hand slightly, pushing him back. Clearly, poor Tam was no match, but the fact he was trying to get past him to get to Victor was almost laughable.

"He isn't lying. He's going to obliterate you and mess up his house. The last thing anyone wants to do is clean your mangled body off the floor and no one will be able to heal you. Defending your girlfriend is fine, but how about you focus on comforting her instead?" Liam questioned.

"Tamron," Max called out in fear and attempted to go forward as well, but Niles reached out, stopping her.

"Just be still for a second," he instructed calmly, and she listened to him, though I wondered if she would were he not holding her right now.

"But-

"It will be okay, I promise. Just so you're safe," he assured her.

She frowned but relaxed her body and he released her. Even so, her worried eyes remained trained on Tamron.

"The disobedience here is really surprising me. I'd do something about it, but my beloved Trisha will be back any minute. She's worked so hard decorating since she moved in. I'd hate to ruin it for her. Plus, to be frank, you're just not worth me killing. It would take a second, but you're useful for now. Your father's commitment certainly helped as well," Victor smirked.

"Don't talk about him." Tamron snapped, lunging towards him again, but Liam pushed him back.

Victor smirked, "Why not? Do you really think I'd speak ill of the dead? Right, both your parents are dead now, aren't they? Just like Henry's son. By the way, lad, when you get a chance, I might go check on your little wife. She seems a bit ill as of late." He taunted, eyeing Henry with even more amusement than he was with Tamron.

"Where's my wife?" he demanded in worry.

"Don't worry. She left of her own accord to figure some things out. By the way, she told me about all the problems the two of you have been having. It's a shame so soon into your marriage, but who can survive the loss of a child? You haven't been so supportive of her lately and If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were headed for divorce," An overwhelming swirl of emotion overtook me and it didn't take me long to figure it was Henry's powers. I instantly felt like crying and not wishing to. I stepped away from him as if that'd help.

Clary barged into the house right then and we all looked at her questionably. "Let's wrap this up. Britt's family is coming up just behind me. They should be here in about five minutes." She informed and my eyebrows knotted together.

My family was coming back? If that was the case, then she was right. We needed to wrap this up as quickly as possible. They didn't need to have any more situations or reasons to wonder what was going on here. I looked at Victor, then Jayden and Mattie, as I noticed them coming down the stairs.

"What's going on here?" Jay demanded. Where had he been earlier? Mattie followed after him, gazing at us in worry.

"Where are the others?" Louis questioned them.