Chapter: Eleven

Chapter: Eleven

Britt honey, are you really still in bed?" Mom asked me over the phone.

I groaned, putting the cover over my head, but of course, I couldn't hide from her voice. It had only been two days, but it felt like an eternity. Jay had called and told Mom what happened and, at my request, he'd told her not to come over yet. As always, she wanted to be there to comfort me, but I didn't want to worry her or have any reason to see Victor again just yet.

However, being the annoying brother he was, Jay had decided instead of answering Mom's questions about how I was, he brought me the phone. While I could refuse to answer again, I knew eventually she'd come up here herself to see me. I could go for mom's hugs and love, but right now I just couldn't deal with it. I sniffed loudly, thinking I'd cried for two days straight.

"Yes, but I'm going to get up soon," I lied.

"Have you been in bed all day?"

"I got up to use the bathroom."

"Have you been eating or drinking?"

"No."

"Britt, you're going to get dehydrated. I think I should come over."

"Mom, no, not yet, please."

"Honey-

"I just want to be alone right now."

"Sweetheart, I just want to know you're okay. Maybe I should bring you some soup. I can't sit home with you feeling like this. I'm your mother and I need to be there with you. No matter what's going on."

"Can you come tomorrow? I'd really like that soup," I relented.

"Of course, sweetie, but that's only if you promise to get out of bed."

"I-

"I mean, more than just getting up and going to the bathroom."

"I will, mom I promise."

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow, baby."

"Thanks, Mom bye."

"Bye."

I turned off the phone, closing my eyes just briefly when I felt the cover being ripped away from me. "Jay," I complained loudly.

"This is enough moping around. You need to get out of bed. You haven't eaten, drank anything, or brushed your teeth. It's time to get up."

"Just leave me alone," I whined, pulling the cover back over me.

"Are you really going to stay in bed like this?"

"Yes, it's what I have been doing."

"News flash, sis, it's not working."

"I don't want to get up."

"Britt, if breaking up with him was going to bother you that bad, then why'd you do it?"

As if I could tell him the real reason. I didn't want to repeat this or even think of Niles right now. I'd rather just not mention him at all. I honestly couldn't believe it had been two days since it happened. I didn't remember much of what happened after the breakup. I just knew I sobbed into Liam's chest and I was so heartbroken by Niles I couldn't remember to hate him.

He'd taken me from Henry and Megan's home, bringing me to my home and deposited me in bed where I'd been ever since. At this point, I was so sad I probably wasn't going back to college. No one had really bothered me too much, respectfully giving me privacy, and I was glad of that. I guess Jay just had enough of doing that. I suppose I'd do the same if he were acting this way.