one

Augustus Cairo laid on his bed reading a book, but hardly registering any of the information.

All he could think about was his best friend, Lorelei Malfoy. She had been missing ever since the Triwizard Tournament, and the death of Cedric Diggory. He was questioned countless time by Ministry of Magic officials, it taking them ages to finally realize that he was just as clueless as they were.

Despite his home being just across a river from the Malfoy's, he never saw them and they didn't bother him.

The sky was dark, it was three days post-Full Moon. Everything was quiet, until he heard loud meowing noises coming from Nyx, Lorelei's cat.

She was sitting on a windowsill, looking out of a large window. He slowly got up from his bed, putting his book down. He picked up his wand and glanced out of the window, but saw nothing.

He sighed, looking down at the cat, who's attention was still glued to the window. His ears perked up at a faint creak in the floor coming downstairs, and apparently Nyx heard it too because she jumped in the air loudly and ran under the bed.

Augustus slowly walked out of his bedroom, creeping downstairs with his wand raised.

"This place is ghostly."

"His parents are dead."

"You and him have that in common, Potter. Perhaps you can become friends."

"Really, Althena?"

The chatter seemed so casual he wanted to just put his wand down and greet whoever was there with a hug. He heard the name Potter, and he had a feeling whoever was there was not hostile.

It seemed like he wasn't the only one being loud, because when he stepped off the last stair, an even louder creak sounded.

"That's him." The deep and raspy female voice said, "Well, go on Potter."

"Augustus." He heard Harry Potter call out, "I-It's okay. I'm with Professor Moody a-and."

"We're not trying to kill you!" Another female voice called out a bit loudly and abruptly.

Augustus slowly crept into the kitchen, and found a group of people standing there. He only recognized Professor Mad-Eye Moody and Harry Potter.

"We are here to rescue you." Harry said.

"I don't need rescuing."

The small woman with beautiful brown hair rolled her eyes, "We are not rescuing you. We need your help finding Au- Lorelei Malfoy." She said, tripping over her words lightly.

"What makes you think I can help?"

"That's exactly what I said."

Mad-Eye sighed, "Augustus, this is Althena Vespertine." He started with a sigh, "This is Nymphadora Tonks, call her Tonks and Tonks only." He added, pointing to a woman with pinkish-purplish hair. Tonks waved lightly. He then pointed to a man with dark skin dressed blue and purple robes, "This is Kingsley Shacklebolt."

From behind Augustus, Nyx had come downstairs. She started hissing and growling furiously at Althena.

"I don't think she likes you." Augustus commented quietly.

Mad-Eye huffed, "I can't imagine why."

"I'll go if we bring the cat." Augustus said, "A-and I'm a lycanthrope so..."

To his surprise, nobody seemed fazed at what he said.

"Well, Remus Lupin will be where we are going and he is supplied with Wolfsbane Potion, we will get you some as well." Althena said, "Though I ask that you stay away from me on a Full Moon, you don't want to find out why. And uhh... keep that thing away from me." She said, glaring down at the cat.