labing-siyam

Third Person

"Ron? Nasa bahay ba si Greggy?" She asked she laid her head back on the head rest. Ron lowered the hand break and drove away from the resort.

"Ah, nako ma'am... Dumiretso sa opisina..." Ron hesitantly informed. This then made Irene look at him, "Nasa opisina? Eh, diba Sunday ngayon?" She frowned.

Ron nodded and looked sideways as he maneuvered the car to the right. "Madami po daw siyang backlogs, ma'am... Yan sabi ni Manong sa akin..." He looked at the rearview mirror to look at her eyes.

She only nodded twice, backing her head back again to the head rest. She sighed in her sear and her eyes then looked outside the window.

Only the music made noise inside the car, Ron kept glancing at his employer who was deep in thoughts. He spun the volume control just a bit to the right to increase the volume.

What, what kind of fool
Tears it apart
Leaving me pain and sorrow?

Losing you now
Wonderin' why
Where will I be tomorrow?"

Irene's eyebrows furrowed and looked at the radio, "Ron, paki-change nga ng station."

Ron looked at the rearview and then nodded, "Sige po, ma'am." He pressed the right button and the radio automatically changed stations. "Eto po?" He asked.

Irene nodded as the radio station was just in its commercial state. She closed her eyes and crossed her arms, trying to sleep along the ride.

"Wish 103.5 is back, enjoy your afternoon with Eagles's hit song, I Can't Tell You Why." They heard the Radio Host say.

The sound of the music's bass then echoed through the speakers of the car. Followed by the single tap of the cymbal of a drum before the lead vocals started.

"Look at us baby, up all night
Tearing our love apart
Aren't we the same two people
Who lived through years in the dark?"

Her eyes grew open and gritted through her teeth. "Ron..." She breathed out and gulped down. Ron pressed his lips together as he finds it amusing how Irene grew triggered on the songs being played on the radio.

"Ich-change ba, ma'am?" He snickered, hiding the amusement on his face. Irene wasn't oblivious about this, so she relaxed her body and just enjoyed the music, not minding the lyrics and what it says between the lines.

She shook her head, "Wag na..." She muttered, allowing her eyes to set outside the window. Admiring the view, they passed through trees and some hills on the background.

"Ma'am... Hindi naman sa pagano pero... May nangyari po bang hindi maganda? Parang wala sa mood si Sir, eh." He nervously chuckled.

Irene frowned at this and turned her head to Ron, "Bakit? Anong nangyari?" She asked. "May pinapagawa ba si Greggy?"

Ron then shook his head and waved his hand, "Ay, kasi mo pinatawag niya yung mga head... Balita ko po pinagalitan kasi bakit daw walang tumawag sa kaniya nung nag withdraw pala ng proposal yung isang partnership na pinaghihirapan..." He informed Irene.

Her eyes lowered and she slowly breathed out the air she deeply inhaled, "Ilang oras pa ba tayo makakauwi, Ron?"

"Siguro mga 1 pm na po..." He announced and Irene nodded, "Sige daan muna tayo sa SnR, may bibilhin lang ako..."

"Copy po." Ron nodded.

❘༻༺❘

Irene was pushing the cart, eyeing for the things she want to buy. She was planning to cook filet mignon. An all time favorite dish of her husband.