tatlong pu't dalawa

Third Person

"Po?" She gaped.

The doctor smiled at her, lifting up the transducer. "You're pregnant Ms. Araneta..." She repeated. "Do you want to tell the father?"

Issa looked at Xandra who smiled and nodded. She looked back at the doctor and blinked, words not coning out of her mouth. Her eyes traveled to the monitor and felt her heart swell with joy.

"Pwede bang makita?" She asked, timidly.

The doctor smiled and nodded, putting back the handheld device and stroking her bump-less stomach.

"Here..." She tilted the monitor to where Issa could have a better view. Her eyes started to wet and her lips quivered, 'Pano ko sasabihin to?' She thought.

After the check up, the doctor then scheduled Issa for a first official pre-natal check up. Better with the father next time.

Issa stayed silent the whole ride back to the house, Xandra held her hand and squeezed it. "It's going to be fine, Issa..." She reassured.

"Wag mo muna sabihin nila kuya, ate... Please..." Issa looked at Xandra. "I won't..." She smiled. "Sabihan mo muna si Xavier... I'm sure he's the father naman, diba?" She questioned.

Issa vigorously nodded, "Yes... Siya... Wala naman akong na...ano..." She shyly stated. The car parked and they felt the driver pulled the hand break up. "Nandito na pala tayo... I'll see you when I see you, okay? Wag kang magpastress..." Xandra adviced.

"Opo, ate..." Issa smiled and hugged her sister in law. She reached for the door, opened it and climbed out right away. "Issa..." Xandra called.

She poked her head below, "Po?"

"Tell Xavier immediately... He deserves to know." She smiled. Issa nodded, "Yes po..." She weakly responded before closing the door and watch the car fade in her view.

As soon as the car was out of her sight, she turned around and went inside their house. Hoping she wouldn't bump to her mother or father.

Her mind was running on how she could tell Xavier. Would he be happy? Would he accept their child? Would he father their child? She went inside her room and sighed, leaning back at the door, her hand hesitantly resting on her stomach.

"There's a life growing inside of me..." She whispered to herself, looking down.

She bit down her lip and took out her phone to contact the father of her unborn baby. She laid it of her ear, waiting patiently till he answered it.

"Moy?" His voice traveled through the speaker.

She took a deep breathe and released it slowly. "Moy... Can we talk?" She steadily responded.

"May problema ba? Should I fetch you there? What happened?" His questions cam after the other. "Uhm... Okay bang kunin mo'ko dito? An hour from now?" She asked.

"Yes, yes... Sure... Parang ang seryoso naman niyan... Did I do something wrong? I'm sorry if I did something wrong..." He spoke on the other line.

She shook her head, "No... No wala naman... I just wanted to talk... May sasabihin ako..." She explained.

"Oh..." He breathed out. "Kinabahan ako diyan ah..." He chuckled to lighten up the mood. "I'll be there an hour later. See you, moy..."

Issa nodded slowly, "See you... Ingat ka on your way here..."

"I will. Bye." He answered and Issa ended the call. She let a heavy breath out and went to her closet to change to different clothes.

❘༻༺❘