labing-walo

Third Person

Irene and Anthony were laughing at the memories that they shared together and then, she paused and widened her eyes as she remembered.

"Shît..." She cursed as she looked at her phone. She kept clicking the power button but it wasn't turninf on. "Lowbat." She bit her lip and looked at her watch. "Shît talaga." She cursed again.

Anthony looked at her, "What happened?" He asked.

"May dinner kami ni Greggy... Anong oras na..." She pressed her lips together. "Shît, oo nga pala!" He stood up and took Irene's eco bag.

He looked around and signed the waiter, "Paki total na lang sa bill ng Room 522. Under the name Tan..." He informed and the waiter just nodded.

Irene could hear her heart beat, "Thank you so much, Ton, pero kailangan ko na talagang mauna. Do call some time, tell the twins I said Hi, okay?" She smiled as Anthony gave her her eco bag.

"I'm sorry for keeping you, Rin. Go, hinahanap ka na nun..." He apologized sincerely. Irene just waved at him and she went her way to the restaurant where she and Greggy planned to meet up.

As she got there, the staffs were already closing the doors. "No...no no no no..." She whispered to herself. "They're closing..."

"Ma'am!" A staff widened his eyes, "Sorry, ma'am... We're closed na."

"Ah... May pumunta ba dito under the name Araneta?" She asked. The other staff looked at her and nodded, "Opo, ma'am! Si Mr. Araneta po." The staff smiled.

Irene nodded quickly, "Sige, thank you so much." She smiled and headed towards their cabin. Hoping that Greggy was still awake and that they could talk about what happened.

Her hand reached for the door knob of the cabin and thankfully, it was unlocked. She quietly came inside and looked at how dark the place was. She closed the door slowly and locked it. Placing the eco bag on the couch and she walked towards their room and opened the door to reveal... to reveal nothing.

She breathed out and looked at the other bedroom. Hesitantly, she held on to the door knob and turned it.

Locked.

He was inside.

She knocked the door twice and whispered, "Greggy?"

No one answered. She sighed and and frowned, "I'm sorry..." She whispered, pressing her forehead on the door. "I got lost track of time, I'm really sorry..."

Still no response. She pulled back with a sigh and went inside the vacant room. Sitting at the edge of the bed as she plugged her phone on the charging cable.

She waited for her phone to light up and saw all the text messages and missed called from her husband and her children.