tatlong pu't pito

Third Person

"Tama na 'to Xavier." Issa grunted in pain as she huffed deep breaths. Her hand was gripping on Xavier's hand. "Hindi ko na kaya mabuntis pa..."

And although his hand was hurting and felt like his bones were breaking, he knew that this wasn't the pain his wife has endured while giving birth. So he let her be.

Irene, Greggy, and the rest of the family was outside the Delivery Room. Issa requested Xavier to be inside so she could have someone to hold on to. Thankfully, the request was granted.

She was having a normal delivery as she didn't want to do epidural since the side affects would be much of a hassle for her.

Xavier looked at his wide who was sweating bullets, "Kaya mo yan, moy..." He whispered but was only responded by a glare, "Kakayahin ko talaga. Anak natin 'yan." She hissed.

"Okay, Mommy... I'll count to three and you push, okay?" Dra. Ocampo looked at the expecting parents. She was wearing a typical suit where doctors are usually seen when doing surgeries.

Scrubs, gowns, hair caps, gloves, and masks.

"1... 2... 3... Push!" She instructed and Issa pushed. Screams of pain escaped her mouth and her gripped tightened on Xavier's hand.

They were in the delivery room for already two hours since the crowning of the head happened. The first time parents thought that something was wrong as they were inside for too long.

Turns out it is much normal for first time mother's to be inside the room longer for adjustment.

"Go Mommy! Isa pa, okay? 1...2...3... Push!" The doctor instructed again and Issa obediently pushed her baby out.

The doctor's eyes smiled and Xavier caught this, it's coming. Issa was having deep breaths and his hand stroked hers.

"Wala pa ba, doc?" Issa looked at the doctor and was responded by a bunch of chuckles, "Malapit na, mommy."

They couldn't see what was happening down there as as it was covered by medical cloth.

Baka mahimatay kasi si Xavier.

The doctor poked her head up and nodded once, "Let's see if kaya mo ng ipush, hmm?" Issa nodded and the doctor went back down.

"1...2... 3... Push mommy!" Issa screamed and a baby's cry filled the room. Xavier looked at Issa and say that she passed out. "Doc... doc..." He called out the doctor.

The doctor gave the Xavier a swift hand move, signaling him to go, "Will you cut her umbilical cord? It's your part on welcoming your baby..."

He widened his eyes and nodded. He looked at Issa for a second and went to the nurse who was holding the scissors and took it to his hands.

A nurse was holding their baby girl and the doctor was holding the cord for him to cut. "Cut just between there." The doctor instructed and he did.

He looked at their daughter and his heart leaped out of joy. "She's beautiful..." He whispered. "Manang mana sa mommy, sir." The nurse said before turninf around to clean her.

"We'll clean up here muna, Daddy. Mommy will be transferred to the recovery room and your baby girl will follow rin." The doctor smiled.

Xavier nodded and looked at Issa before kissing her forehead and went out of the room with a smile on his face. God is good. He thought.

❘༻༺❘

"Hello, my love... You're so pretty..." Irene cooed as she carried the baby on her arms. "Kamukhang kamukha mo talaga Naynay mo noh?" Greggy smiled as her took her from Irene's arms and swayed her around softly.