dalawa

Third Person

They just arrived in Ilocos.

They're on their way to Imee's house in Ilocos, which was their family house. The Marcos-Araneta family were inside one van.

Kuya Dodong driving with Greggy on the passenger seat. Yana and Irene on the second row, Xandra and Luis on the third, and Alfy and Andy on the last. Some of their bags on their seats but the bulky ones on the back compartment of the van.

The ride was silent, quiet whispers from the people at the back were heard but none was exchanged by Irene and Greggy. And this worried Yana.

"Mommy?" She whispered and turned to her. "Yes?" Irene's head turned from the window to her daughter.

Yana hesitated to ask, "Nag-away ba kayo ni Dada?" She pursed her lips. Irene's eyes somewhat widened and then forced a smile, "What...what do you mean, love?"

Yana swallowed a lump on her throat and smiled sadly, "I heard you kasi kagabi sa room niyo... Nagaaway nanaman ba kayo?" Her voice getting smaller and smaller.

Irene took a glance at Greggy who was busying himself by watching the view outside of the window. Her gaze returned to her daughter and she held her hand, "Konting misunderstanding lang, anak..." She comforted.

"It's not much of a big deal naman..." She reasoned out and Yana nodded, "When we get to Mama Imee's house, you better talk things out with Dada, ha? My birthday's coming up na kaya..." She looked at her mom for any agreement.

Irene nodded, "We'll talk, love... Sige na, you should sleep... Malayo-layo pa tayo." She smiled and her daughter nodded and yawned.

She reclined her chair a bit lower to what she was comfortable with and closed her eyes. Irene stared at her daughter's face and sighed. She looked up to see Greggy staring at her.

She sighed and held up her phone, Greggy got the signal and fished out his phone from his pocket.

She heaved a deep sigh and turned off her phone. Her head leaned back on the head rest and focused herself looking outside of the car.

It was going to be...difficult.

❘༻༺❘

"Mama!" Yana climbed out of the car and hugged Imee. "Nako! Teka! Baka matumba ako!" Imee laughed as she held Yana on her arms.

Yana pulled back and her eyes landed on her Lala. "Lala!" She grinned and hugged her Lala Meldy and showered her face with kisses. "Miss na miss mo ba ako, apo?" Imelda giggled at her only grand daughter.

"Miss na miss na miss na miss!" Yana giggled.

"CATALINAAAAAAA" Three voices shouted. Yana's eyes widened as she saw the three giants of her Mama Imee came running towards her.