tatlong pu't apat

Third Person

"Hi, best friend... Long time no see, but now see. Ay, joke lang, Yana." Issa chuckled at herself as she placed two basket of flowers on Yana and her Lolo's grave.

"Hello, Lolo... I miss visiting here, sorry ngayon lang ako nakabalik..." She smiled at her Lolo's grave.

She settled on a bench she sat a year ago [which felt like forever] when she first knew Yana was inside the mausoleum along with her grand father.

It has been 6 months since they first found out Issa was pregnant, they were all greatly astonished by the news but still felt happy for her.

Issa sighed, stroking her baby bump. "Yana..." She breathed out, looking at her name written on stone. "Okay lang ba na pag babae anak ko, kapangalan mo siya?" She uttered.

"Kung lalake pwede pa rin naman, adjust ko na lang..." She giggled then wind blew to her face. "Eto naman si Yana, di ma biro... Syempre joke lang yun! Wag ka ng magparamdam..." Issa scrunched her brows.

"Pero eto nga, Yana... Hiramin ko yung pangalan mo ha? You've been a literal part of my life and also to Mommy and Dada and well, the rest of the family... I want to honor you sana, reincarnate ka nalang sa baby ko ha?" Issa cracked a joke as tears began to form on her eye sockets.

She stared at the stone before opening her mouth again, "Alam mo... I've never been this happy..." She shared. "Ikaw lang kasi masasabihan ko neto kasi nga diba? Best friend kita." She smiled.

"I think... This is the happiest moment I have encountered all my life." Her hands laid down and rested on top of her stomach.

"Lolo... Kung nandiyan ka... Guide me, ha? Even when I'm not exactly your biological grand daughter, pero, still." She smiled. "I hope you'll guide me." She turned to Yana's stone again.

"Pupunta kami sa doctor mamaya, Yana. Remember Xavier? Yung shinare ko sayo noon? Siya yung ama, Yan... And I couldn't ask for more." She smiled to herself and took a deep breath.

The glass door opened and it reveal Xavier, with a smile on his face, looking at her.

"Oh, speaking of the devil, Yana." Issa chuckled and Xavier gave her a look of confusion. "Wala, sinabihan ko lang kasi si Yana na ikaw yung ama." She smiled and patted the vacant seat beside her.

"Ahh..." Xavier chuckled and nodded his head as he took a seat beside Issa.

"Hello, Yana." Xavier smiled and looked at her stone. "I want to ask permission from you sana..." He paused.

"Pwede ko bang pakasalan best friend mo?" He questioned til a rush of cold air was felt on his face. "Okay?" He chuckled. Issa was just staring at with a wide smile plastered on her face.

"Hay nako, Yana... Pag nagloko to, multohin mo ha?" Issa jested as she looked at her stone for the last time as they need to go and visit their doctor.

"Yana... Ako bahala sa kapatid mo, I'll make sure I treat her well." Xavier stood up and offered his hand to Issa. "Alis na kami, Yan..." Issa smiled as she stood up while grabbing his hand.

"Punta ka pag kinasal na ako, Yans ha?" Issa smiled at the stone. "Bye, Yana... Bye, Lolo... We'll visit again soon." They bid their goodbye's and went out of the mausoleum.

❘༻༺❘

"Do you want to know your baby's sex?" The doctor asked, smiling at Issa who was laying down on the bed.

They were already already 26 weeks and knowing the baby's sex was long overdue as they wanted the thrill of not knowing but, for some reason... It felt as if they wanted to know.