chap: 21

TWENTY-ONE: REMINISCING

HOSEOK

"Come on, baby. It's time to eat."

Lunch time for the girls had began. While trinity was at work, hoseok was at home with the girls. Usually it was trinity bringing them with her but since he chose to take off today and since he was basically the boss of his own department, he was staying back.

Hoseok had prepared a simple and very popular Korean dish that his mother never made for him when he was a little boy. But Jia made it for her twin boys and she taught hoseok how to perfect it.

It was usually served as a side dish but hoseok had jangjorim on his mind for some time now so he thought he would make some for the twins.

They barely are Korean foods. Trinity was trying to learn more about preparing Korean dishes, but being an African American from the south parts of the United States had her bound to some foods.

She loved to feed them big, heft meals but Koreans too loved to serve meals of large quantity. However, their tastes were of course completely different.

Cleo was refusing to sit down. Earlier after getting them freshened up a bit, hoseok and the girls played around out in the backyard. Oreo was with them. And ever since then Cleo had been attached to oreo all day long. She didn't want to sit down for lunch.

"It's lunchtime, munchkin." Hoseok said, placing their little bowls on each of their high chair trays. Ava was sitting down anticipating her meal.

Cleo ignored Hoseok's attempt at trying to get her to settle down and instead, laughed like a maniac all while tugging Oreo's tail.

Hoseok sighed light heartedly and scooped down to pick her up. Cleo briefly threw a fit all up until he placed her in the high chair and she seen her food.

Hoseok pulled up a chair before them. He grabbed each of their little spoons to feed them at the exact same time. Yes they knew how to feed themselves but not with a lot of dishes. Hoseok didn't really feel like cleaning up a lot and so he wouldn't allow them to make such a huge mess with the jangjorim.

"Tell me what you think." Hoseok smiled fondly as he fed them at the same time. Their chubby cheeks expanding like little chipmunks as they ate their food.

"I worked really hard on it." He continues.

"Mhmm!" Ava hummed, rubbing her tummy. Hoseok gasped in shock. "It's good?" He asked the two year old.

Ava only opened her mouth for more of the dish, telling him everything he needed to know.

"I'll make this more often." Hoseok utters in Korean, feeding them more of the jangjorim.

Some time passes them by. They had gotten through pretty much all of their food. After they were done, hoseok gave them some water and juice before giving them some fruit snacks as a sweet treat.

He then let them wonder off and play, sinking back into his chair and proceeding to eat his own food while he could.

The house was so lonely when trinity wasn't there. Granted he had the company of the twins, but without the mama bear it was like a void in the house.