Chapter 1

Dead bodies were not my thing. No sleep on the first night of school? Yeah, that's what happened. The woman's dead eyes haunted my eyelids. Every time I closed my eyes to sleep, the gray eyes made me wake up.

Soon enough, my alarm went off, and I slammed it off. Lack of sleep made me cranky, I guess. Sighing, I crawled out of bed, and grabbed a random t-shirt, skinny jeans, and some other necessities. I pretty much threw on the outfit, and quickly braided my long hair. Trying hard wasn't a necessity for me. Although, I did grab an old black leather jacket, and a black scarf. Just fine for a sleep deprived teen.

I grabbed my phone, school bag, and ear buds, and went to the kitchen.

"Do you have everything, Hun? " Mom asked, finishing her coffee.

I nodded, grabbing an apple, and making my way outside. I locked the door, and walked in the opposite direction of the woods. Avoiding that part for now will be nice. Plus, Beacon Hills High is the other way.

"You could've driven," I said to myself.

Maybe a walk will clear my head... Or you could be like that girl you found last night, I thought to myself.

My eyes widened at the thought, and I walked a little faster. My eyes stayed on the cement, and I kept speed-walking. Sleep deprivation also made me paranoid. Great.

My breath got heavier, and it seemed like time stopped, and I was once again looking at the cement.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I grumbled. Seriously. Just what would happen.

I propped myself up on my knees, and wiped the dirt from my slightly bloody hands. Soon, a hand was extended, and I followed the arm in curiosity. So far, I saw all black. Black leather, black jeans, black boots, black shirt. Wow. I finally reached the guys face. Wow. Talk about sexy face.

I grabbed the unknown strangers hand. I winced at the burning sensation in my hand, but stayed calm. Random stranger, but polite. Do I run, or wait and see what he wants?

"You okay?" The guy had a nice voice. Not really velvety, but rough and deepish. I nodded, letting go of our lingering hands. I kept my eyes on his face, trying to tell what he was going to do, but failed. He had a mysteriousness to his aura, which made me a little more curious. I heard his chuckle, which made me snap out of my trance, "What did you see last night?"

My eyes widened, "What?"

"I asked if you were okay," He seemed to pause. Was I hearing things now? "You look like you haven't slept in a few days. Are you sure you're okay?"

I nodded, "Yeah, I thought you said something else. Uh, that's because I haven't." I chuckled nervously.

He looked away like he'd heard something, but soon looked back at me, "I can understand that. You've seen some creepy shit, haven't you?"

"I think I'm hearing things," I mumbled, "Uh, no. Why? I gotta go." I looked into his eyes, and they turned gray, and his skin got pale. I freaked out a little, and pushed past the stranger.

"I'm Derek." He said, grabbing my arm, "Derek Hale."

I looked down, "Thanks for helping me up, Derek."

"What's your name?"

"Ylva Agostinelli." I said, turning again.

He smirked, "Italian? With a Norwegian first name. Interesting."

I nodded, "I really have to go."

Well, that was interesting.

___________