Chapter 16

By the time I woke up, Sam was gone, and I was laying sloppily in the chair. I sighed, seeing how much sleep I got. It was only ten AM. Not too bad for sleeping in a hospital chair.

 "Why aren't you at school?" Melissa's voice caused me to fall from the chair.

 She laughed at the loud noise I made, "You're hilarious," I playfully glared at my friend's mother. When I stood, she was leaning in the doorway, "I'm staying with her."

 Melissa gave a faint smile, "You like her, don't you?"

 I got pale. I hadn't really considered the question, but my first response was, "Wha- no! No. We are strictly just friends. Friends. That's all we are."

 All she did was chuckle, and come to check her vitals, "You totally like her."

 I crossed my arms, "You're like your son."

 "Like mother, like son!" She laughed again.

 I rolled my eyes, and stretched. Those chairs made no difference in my wonderful sleeping schedule. When Melissa finished, she just walked out with a smirk on her face. Dear god, she's totally gonna tell Scott.

 I loudly groaned as Melissa closed the door, and paced a little. When will she wake up? Please let it be soon.

 _______

 THIRD POV

 Time.

 That was all that passed. For awhile, at least.

 Ylva could feel it in her aching bones that she wanted to wake up. No, she needed to wake up. She knew somebody, unlikely to be her parents, was waiting for her. Waiting for her to open her eyes, and see the hospital room, and breathe without chancing her heart stopping again.  She wanted to wake up sooner than later.

 As she was waking up, she heard two people  talking. One was definitely not her mother, and the other wasn't her brother. As they continued to speak, Ylva identified the voices. Stiles, and Ms. McCall.

  She intently listened.

 "Wha- no! No. We are strictly just friends. Friends. That's all we are." Stiles was stuttering.

 Ylva inwardly smirked, and listened to Melissa.

"You totally like her."

 She imagined Stiles going a milky white color, and then turning beet red. If she were fully conscious, she would be doing what Melissa was. Cracking jokes at her son's best friend.

 But, the glory was short lived. Ylva could feel herself falling back into the abyss of sleep. She fought a little, but her weak self fell asleep again.

Stiles just sat next to her, holding her hand in his again, and waiting for her to wake. He was whispering to her, telling her to wake up soon. But, Ylva was unresponsive. For that moment in time, they were both tired. Stiles was getting tired from the stress of his friend being comatose, and Ylva was just tired in general. Tired of fighting for everything she believed. Tired of her family. Yes, she knew they cared, but she was tired of them treating her like she was six. But, she couldn't choose her family.

 Stiles, on the other hand, was just sitting next to her. He held her hand, and was pleading to whomever was listening.

 "Please wake up, dear God... Please wake up," he'd whispered over and over to the unconscious girl.

 As more time passed, her father came in, and checked on his daughter. He looked at her papers, and hope was blooming. She'll wake up soon, was all he thought.