Chapter 22

YLVA POV

 A few days after I was sedated, I finally woke up. However, I'm only able to see anything from my right eye.

 Stiles came back, a sad smile on his face.

 "What's wrong?" I asked, squeezing the hand he'd set in my own, "Are you okay?"

 He avoided eye contact, "You still can't see through your right eye... Can you?"

 I shook my head, confused, "No... Stiles, what's going on?"

 "It means-" he finally looked me in the eyes, "it means you're rejecting the bite."

 It was true. I could feel it deep in my chest, "Stiles-"

 He looked away again, looking at my wrist, "Where's the bite?"

 I raised my eyebrow, and looked at the wrist Derek had bitten. There was no trace of the bite. None at all.

 "What the hell?" I asked, examining my wrist the best I could.

 "I'll be back," Stiles stated, getting up and leaving the room.

 I kept examining where the bite should be scabbed over. But, the only thing there was solid, pale skin. No punctures. No scabs.

 That's weird, I thought. Why would it just... Disappear? I mean, the bite heals everything. If I'm not rejecting the bite, then what's happening?

 Stiles walked back in, and sat next to me, "Stiles, can you sit on the other side? I can't really see you unless I turn my head."

 He chuckled a little, "Of course."

 We sat in silence for a moment, just listening to the machines. Aside from the beeping and the oxygen, the room was silent.

 It was comfortable, but not what I was hoping for, "So... What's been happening?"

 Stiles shrugged, telling me about my family, "Do you know that I'm always here? I know you were comatose, but-"

 "Yes, I did. It was like an out of body experience. I sat next to you and answered all of your random questions... I wanted so bad to squeeze your hand back. I just... I couldn't. You have no idea how scary it was," I said, a sad smile on my face, "I missed being able to touch."

 He nodded, "I- um... I called Deaton. He's Scott's boss. He also knows everything in the history of supernatural. He'll be here-" a tall man, along with Derek, walked in, "now."

 "Hello, Ylva," The man greeted, "My name is Alan Deaton. I'm Scott's boss."

 While Deaton spoke, Derek grabbed my wrist and examined it. I wanted to yank it back, but couldn't. Werewolf strength and all. Stiles disappeared from sight.

 "You're still blind in the left eye?" Derek asked. I saw his hand, and then is disappeared from my sight.

"Yes," I stated, seeing his hand come back into view. He was waving his hand back and forth.

"What exactly happened?" Deaton asked, gingerly touching around my blind eye. I told him what had happened, "I'm going to do a few little tests."

I nodded. All he seemed to do was shine a small light into my eyes, but it just seemed dull in the left side. He grabbed my hand, pushing on the little bits in my palm and checking the reactions. Everything seemed to be fine, minus the fact that I wasn't healing.

 "Do you know what's happening to her?" Stiles asked, pacing.

 Deaton shook his head, "I won't know exactly until she's out of the hospital. I'll have to do a few blood tests, and other things. I'd advise you to come see me after you get out."