Chapter 21

Ylva's heart started again.

 But, the beating was slow.

 Melissa wiped the sweat from her brows, setting the paddles back with the defibrillator. She sighed, grabbing her cell from her pocket.

 "Scott, I suggest you get Stiles to this hospital ASAP." She stated, hanging up the phone.

 Soon enough, Scott and Stiles were running through the halls. The ran to Melissa, panting a little.

 "What- what's wrong?" Stiles asked, his mind running with the worst thoughts.

 "She," Melissa stopped, pointing at the room, "her heart stopped... I-I don't think she has much time."

 Stiles' eyes widened, "What? No... No."

 Stiles seemed to deflate, and Scott seemed to be upset. But, Stiles seemed that he wanted to just collapse, whereas Scott wanted to cry. Yet, they both held it together.

 After a few more moments, Stiles just calmly walked into the room, and sat by her side. Tears overflowed, dripping on the white bed sheets. Stiles grabbed Ylva's hand, and held it to his mouth. He kissed her knuckles, letting out a short sob.

 "I'm so sorry... So, so sorry," Stiles whispered, "I- you can't leave. Please just don't leave." How much he tried, she still didn't wake up, "Ylva, please, please wake up."

 Still, nothing.

 "Stiles," Scott said quietly, "I don't think you should stay here."

 Stiles shook his head, "No. You don't have to stay here. Just- just leave me alone."

 "Stiles-"

 "Go!" Stiles shouted.

 The past few days, Scott was being an ass because he didn't get to kill Peter and reverse the werewolf issue. Instead, Derek did, and became the Alpha.

 Speak of the Devil, Derek just suddenly appeared.

 "I can fix this," He said quietly.

 "No," Stiles stated.

 Derek stood opposite of Stiles, "Just one little bite."

 Stiles stood up, "Do you really think that she wants to live with that? I don't think so! She's not awake to make her own decision, and Peter bit her anyway. She's dying."

 Stiles' yelling didn't stop Derek. Derek grabbed her wrist, letting his canines elongate. Stiles kept warning him, but Derek paid no attention. Smirking, he bit down, sinking his teeth into her flesh. The machines beeped rapidly, but calmed down.

 "You're welcome," with that, he just walked from the room.

 "I'm... Oh god. What did he do?" Stiles whispered to himself.

 ______

 A few hours passed, and Stiles was still pacing. His crying was still slowly carrying on, but the tears stopped. It was just dry sobs escaping his mouth. Melissa checked in on him, but all he did was pace.

 A new sound erupted in the room.

 Choking.

 Stiles whipped around to see her. Ylva was clawing at her throat. .

 "She's choking! Help!" Stiles shouted, running to the door.

 Melissa ran in, and immediately started taking the tube from her throat. When Ylva gasped, Melissa started to explain what happened.

 Well, the medical things. Not so much the fact that a werewolf bit her- again. But, as Melissa stepped out, Stiles walked over to Ylva.

 "Hey," she whispered.

 Stiles looked away from her pale face, "You have a 50% chance of living."

 Ylva cocked her head, "What do you mean?"

 Stiles sighed, "Peter bit you, but I have a feeling that his bite is what's killing you. Or... Was killing you. Peter's dead, and Derek became the Alpha. He- oh, god... I tried to stop him."

 Ylva connected the dots, "He bit me?" She paused, looking up at him, "Stiles- I- I can't see,"

 "What?" Stiles looked at her.

 "I- I can't see from my left eye," Her hand reached up, and yanked off the bandaging, "Oh, god."

 Grabbing her shaking hands, Stiles held them close to his chest, "Hey, hey, hey. If Derek's bite works, it'll heal... Just relax. It'll be okay."

 Without warning, Ylva started to sob, "Stiles, I- I can't do this."

 "Yes you can. Just breathe," Stiles coaxed, "It'll be okay. I got you."

 Her sobs started to shake her body. She started to babble about what she heard while she was in a coma. Her dad telling her it was okay to let go, and listening to all of her brother's stories. She told him everything, "Stiles, I don't want to do this. If I live, I turn. I can't."

 "I can help you. Scott can help you," Stiles was understanding what she was saying, "You'll be okay... Please, just try."

 Stiles held her hands tighter, and suddenly she couldn't breathe again. Her gasps for air were short lived, as nurses ran in again. Stiles was pulled back, as he saw what they were doing. She wasn't intubated, but she was hooked up to another oxygen thing.

 "She had a panic attack. For now, we have to sedate her until she's able to be more relaxed. You can wait in the waiting area," one of the usual nurses informed Stiles.

 Just like before, the tears started to spill.

 ________

Time seemed to be against Ylva. The sedatives the hospital gave to her seemed to have put her in a mild coma, and her family was slowly falling apart. Her dad started drinking; her mother started to work even more than usual; Sam was just unhappy. He didn't turn to drugs, or alcohol, but he did lose all of his quickly made friends. The only person he talked to was Stiles.

 Stiles was another story. He was just anxious all the time. Paranoid and jumpy. Most of his time was spent next to Ylva in the hospital, and the other little bit was doing homework locked in his room.

 It all seemed to be that everything was falling apart.

 ~*~**~*~*~

A/N: Well, this is sad.

 It's almost over!

 GASP.

 Okay, ya'll know the drill. Please vote, and/or comment. I'd enjoy it!

 Thanks.

 ~Mae