Chapter 13

As Stiles drove, my phone started to blow up. Sam and my mother started to ask where the hell I was. I rolled my eyes, opening every one of the 20 messages, and deleting them.

"Who's blowing up your phone?" Stiles asked, glancing my way.

"Sam and mother dearest." Stiles understood and dropped the topic. I leaned to look at him, "Where are we going?"

He continued to look ahead, "It's a surprise."

I rolled my eyes, clicking on the radio. A few different commercials came on, and I continued to just listen to what it was. Then, a random song came on, filling the quietness of the car. The drums thrummed quietly through the speakers, and Stiles sighed. The Jeep pulled to the side of the road, and stopped. I followed Stiles out of the car.

"Stiles, please tell me we aren't going in the woods for some stupid reason."

He laughed, "No, I want to show you something."

I kept my eyebrow raised, and followed him into the woods. The sun was slowly turning the sky orange, and the clouds slowly changed from white to reds. I sighing, I took in the smell of the earth. I smelt the strong scent of pine, and maple. Stiles was silent though. All I heard was his breathing, and footsteps crunching dead leaves. As the sun began to go down, the temperature followed suit.

"Please tell me we're almost there," I stated, still following him.

"We are; just trust me on this one," Stiles stated.

Trust didn't come easily to me. Even if I had reason to trust people in Beacon Hills, I didn't. But, Scott and Stiles were different. I trusted them. I trusted Derek, too... But obviously he didn't trust me.

My thoughts stopped when Stiles grabbed my hand, "We're almost there... just over this hill."

I nodded, walking with Stiles, and listening to the woods again. As we made it up the hill, I understood why Stiles grabbed my hand. The hill felt like a steep mountain to climb. But, it wasn't too hard to climb up. When we made it up, there was a clearing in the trees. But, the clearing wasn't a meadow. It was a crystal like lake. The large blue lake was like something in dreams.

"Stiles-"

He looked at me, a small smile on his face. He continued to hold my hand, and he pulled me over to the floating dock, "This is where I went to clear my mind after my mom died."

"I-" I was suddenly speechless. We sat down, "Stiles... It's beautiful."

His smile faltered a little bit, "I know. That's why I brought you here. You need to clear your head."

I nodded, "I know... I didn't think this kind of thing was in Beacon Hills."

"I know," Stiles let out a sigh, "So, if you ever need a place to be alone, come here. It helps."

After a long while of sitting in the silence, I looked at Stiles instead of the late, "I- I know I'm not that open, and it's probably wrong of me to ask, but how did your mom pass?"

There was silence, but Stiles answered, "She was sick... She died of frontotemporal dementia."

I looked at my friend, "Stiles... I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have asked-"

Hi eyes were gleaming like he was going to cry, "No, it's okay... She passed away awhile ago. It sound shallow, but I got over it. Kind of."

I pulled him into a side hug, "As much as I dislike my mom, I couldn't imagine losing her."

He hugged back for a moment, and we both stayed silent. Soon the chilliness was getting to the both of us. I decided to get up, Stiles following. We walked back to the Jeep, shivering in the cold. The half moon was showing through the clouds, and Stiles drove silently back to his house. I hugged my jacket closer, getting out of his Jeep. Without words, we both parted ways. But I stopped him before he opened his door.