Chapter 25

I could already tell the "Act Normal" plan wasn't going too well. When Stiles walked me from his house, I saw my dad's car in the driveway, and Sam's motorcycle beside it. I cursed silently, and held Stiles by the hand.

All we could do was silently hope they didn't notice anything.

But, dad was just happy I brought Stiles over.

"Finally brought your boyfriend over!" He smiled, setting four plates on the table, "Your mother's at work late tonight. So, I guess he'll fill in."

I blushed at the fact he called Stiles my boyfriend. I mean, were we really... dating? Or was my dad just saying it? At this point, I couldn't care. I had no appetite, and felt like throwing up whatever I haven't eaten yet.

But, despite feeling nauseous, I sat with Sam and my dad. I pulled a very red Stiles to sit next to me, as everybody began to eat. I took a few bites, and realized it was a huge mistake. I could feel the unsettling stomach churning, and the bile rising.

I set my fork down, and closed my eyes, trying to think about something else. But, that didn't work out too well, "Excuse me for a minute."

With that, I ran to the closest bathroom. I quickly closed the door, and let the contents of my stomach into the toilet. Only, the same as before, it was only black goo. After a few minutes of gagging, I sat against the wall. I flushed the contents of the toilet, and sat for a few seconds.

"Mae, can I come in?" It was Stiles.

"Yeah, yeah," I said, closing my eyes. Even the lights were making me sick.

As soon as he saw me I heard his feet come towards me, and the door close. His large hand held my cheek, "Hey, hey... Are you-"

"Yes... Stiles, it's getting worse." I sighed, leaning against his hand, "How am I going to act normal?"

Stiles helped me stand, "I don't know, but we'll figure it out. Just take a minute to wash out your mouth, and we'll think, okay?"

I nodded, going to the sink. Black goo washed out of my mouth as I got water in my mouth. The feeling of a relatively clean mouth felt nice, aside from the fact my gums were turning black.

"Stiles," I whispered, "this is getting worse... A lot faster than we expected."

I showed him my gums, "Shit!" His hands were running through his hair again, as he thought, "We have to figure something out a lot faster than we thought."

I sighed, "I know... For now, I just can't smile, or eat... or sit in bright lights. Stiles, that's 90% of my day!"

"I know, I know. For now, we'll just do what we can... We have a few days until I have to go back to school, okay?"

I nodded, knowing a few days wasn't going to be enough.

______

A few hours after dinner, I was frequently checked on by my dad. Just short little check ins, but as they became more frequent, so did the need to let my empty my stomach. The horrible feelings made everything ten times worse.

Stiles, please come over. xoxoxo

Within minutes, Stiles showed up. Thank god for it. Not only was sitting down in my room crappy, but being alone for most of it was boring. Stiles also made himself comfortable next to me on my bed, making sure I had enough room to get up and go to the bathroom if need be. We continued our Star Wars marathon, and Stiles was sending texts back and forth to Scott.

"I really hope we figure something out," I whispered, leaning on his chest, "either making this a faster experience, or reversing it."

Stiles ran his hand through my hair, and sighed, "Me too, Ylva. Deaton's smart... So is Scott. But, hell, maybe Derek will help."

I scoffed at the idea of him helping, "I don't think he will... He's been an ass."

"Nice to know you doubt me so much," Derek suddenly interrupted.

Both Stiles and I spazzed out for a second, "Why do you always just... Pop up?!"

Derek chuckled, "'Cause I can."

I rolled my eyes, "Do you have any ideas?"

Derek shook his head, "No, but Deaton said to meet him back at the office later. He's got an idea."

"What is it? Why can't you just tell me?" I asked, sitting up.

He shrugged, "Couldn't tell you even if I wanted. Deaton only told me to tell you he had an idea."

With that, Derek just left... Like he usually does. He just kinda... Disappears.

_______

THIRD POV

A few hours after Derek left, Scott showed up. He told them to meet Deaton in a few minutes. So, that's exactly what they did. Ylva held in the bile that was quickly rising, as soon as Stiles stopped his Jeep, she fell out, letting the goo from her stomach.

"Ylva!" Stiles shouted, running around the Jeep. He kneeled next to her, and tried to hold her up, "Hey... Ylva. Are you okay?"

Ylva groaned, wiping her lips, "I guess."

With a sudden groan, she passed out, falling into Stiles' arms. Before Stiles had enough time to think, he just picked her up. He knew he had to get her inside to do something for her. Deaton was willing to try, too.

Stiles set her on the examination table, and Deaton pulled out a few things from a drawer. Needles, bottles of medications, etcetera. He seemed concentrated, and knowing so, Stiles just held Ylva's hand.

"Stiles, I'm going to need your help," Deaton said, calmly setting everything up.

Stiles stood, looking at Deaton with an expecting gaze, "What's the plan?"

Deaton grabbed gloves, and tossed Stiles a pair, "I'm going to try to reverse the bacterial attack. I looked at the blood cells again. The bacteria isn't just bacteria. It's poison. Not only is she rejecting the bite, but somebody poisoned her."

Stiles' eyes widened, "With what?"

"I don't know. It was unidentifiable. But, it was most likely rat poison, or even antifreeze."

"Wouldn't that have killed her awhile ago?" Stiles asked, putting on the latex gloves.

Deaton started to grab different liquids, and put them in a syringe, "Small amounts make the process a lot slower. It could have been a small dosage when she was in the hospital, and then somebody giving her another dose when she got home."

A light bulb went off in Stiles' head, "Can you do these without me? I think I know what it is."

"Unfortunately, no. If a reaction happens, she'll wake up in a fit of rage. Can you call Scott to come here while you grab whatever you think it is?"

Stiles did exactly that. Scott showed up soon after, while Stiles raced to Ylva's home. He went in through her bedroom window, and rummaged through her bathroom.

Until he finally found it.

The prescription bottles.

~*~*~*~*~

A/N: DUN DUN DUUUUUN.

Okay, two more chapters!

~Mae