Chapter 12

He walked up the stairs, sad that he had to leave Dallas. With only a few minutes left before class started, Logan walked down the hallway, and made it to his class with 2 minutes to spare. He checked his phone before class started, clearing excess notifications and quickly responding to the rest of them. Logan's teacher was asking how everyone's presentations were going.

"I haven't even started mine," someone said.

"Well maybe you should start, it's due on Monday," his teacher said. The bell rang.

"Okay everyone, today we're going over the history of the French government system," his teacher said, going on about the early history of France's monarchy.

"I'm so bored I could fall asleep," Logan thought, trying to pay attention.

"What if I texted Dallas, I wonder if he's bored too," Logan thought. Checking to make sure his teacher wasn't paying attention, he pulled out his phone and texted Dallas.

"I'm super bored in AP Euro, what about you?" 3 minutes later, Dallas texted back,

"Same, I just finished my work, and I have the next 20 minutes to do nothing except contemplate my life decisions." Wondering where this conversation will go, Logan texted back,

"What life decisions are you contemplating?"

"Just my decision to get out of bed, to walk out of the house, to get in the car, and to walk into school today," Dallas replied. Dallas pondered about whether he should say why he willingly got out of bed today. "Only if he asks," Dallas thought.

"And what was the reason you did those things?" Logan asked.

"I swear he literally has superpowers," Dallas said to himself, unsure whether to follow through what he had just told himself. He knew the answer, but he was hesitant. Then he remembered their conversation last night. Taking a deep breath he typed out the three letter word, and pressed send. He turned off his phone, scared of how Logan would respond. Logan's phone buzzed, and he looked at the message from Dallas. He had no reaction, or at least not right away. A few seconds later, Logan blinked.

"Did he really send this? This is too good to be true," Logan thought. The three letter message that Dallas had sent, it was only three letters long, but it had endless power. The message read, "You."

"I'm what's keeping him going," Logan thought. "Does this mean that he has a crush on me too?" he asked himself.

"No, that can't be possible, we just met, people don't develop a crush on someone within 3 days of meeting them," he told himself.

"But yesterday Greyson said that he had signs of having a crush on me." Logan thought. He thought about Dallas's smile when he saw him. "He always looks so happy to see me, so I guess it might be a possibility. There are a lot of signs here, maybe they will all add up soon," he told himself. He realized he had left Dallas on read for 5 minutes, possibly one of the longest 5 minutes ever for Dallas.

Swiftly picking his phone up, he texted back, "Me too. I always look forward to seeing you." Dallas responded with a blushing smiley emoji. A little bit after, the bell rang, and Logan walked downstairs to the business team center.

Logan opened his computer, and opened canvas to find his project. After several links that took forever to load, he finally got Google Analytics and his assignment open.

"I would be halfway done if Google Classroom was still around," he muttered to himself. He troubleshooted why there were no Latvian shoppers, and then he found that none of the links to click on merchandise were working, so he put that down on his list. 10 minutes later, Logan still couldn't figure out why Denmark wasn't selling.