Chapter 19

"I have an idea for what we could do, but we should do it now so we don't wake up my parents," Dallas said.

"Sure, what is it?" Logan asked. Dallas went into his closet, and pulled out a deck of Cards Against Humanity deck.

"We have to try to be quiet, my mom doesn't know I have this and I would prefer to not have that conversation with her," Dallas said.

"Yeah, I wouldn't want to have that conversation either," Logan said, taking out the deck of cards and shuffling them. Each of them drawing cards, Dallas failed to conceal his laughter and laid on the floor.

"What the hell is this?" he choked out, covering his card.

"What is it?" Logan asked, laughing.

"You'll be traumatized if you knew," Dallas said, refusing to show him.

"Oh come on, I'm not 6! Just show me!" Logan said, his curiosity taking advantage of him.

"Ok, but I warned you," Dallas said, showing Logan the card. He read the card, and made an involuntary non-human noise.

"You were right, I should've listened to you," Logan said, joining Dallas on the floor.

"Who came up with that?" Logan said between fits of laughter.

"I don't know, but they need therapy," Dallas said, trying to compose himself so they could actually start the game.

"Okay, we can start now," Dallas said, drawing a black card and putting it on the floor. The card said, 'obviously ___ have the ability to teleport over long distances.'

"This is going to be a fun one," Logan said, putting down his card of choice. Dallas looked over his cards, and put down his choice. He read the cards out loud, or at least tried to.

"Obviously, Justin Trudeau has the ability to teleport over long distances," Dallas read, trying not to laugh. "Mine was grandma, so yours was better."

Logan drew the next black card, it said, 'I'm doing ___.' Dallas almost put down a card, but hesitated. After thinking for a little bit, he put the card down. Logan put his own card down, and he read the cards.

"I'm doing......" he trailed off, not finishing the sentence.

"Just read it!" Dallas said, laughing.

"I'm doing the man next door," Logan said, trying but failing to keep himself together.

"We should stop before my mom comes in," Dallas said, still recovering.

"Yeah, good idea," Logan said, separating the cards and putting them back in the box. Dallas hid the box back in his closet.

"Doing the man next door, huh? How'd you like it?" Logan asked devilishly. Dallas turned red, frantically trying to think of something to say to play it off, but he was blanking.

"Well, it was an interesting experience. 7/10, had its pros and cons," Dallas said.

"Interesting, I might try it someday. It's only 8 o'clock, do you have any other plans?" Logan asked.

"Do you have anything you want to do?" Dallas asked Logan.

"I can't really think of anything, my brain is dead from a test today," Logan said. "Hopefully I get 3s because I don't want to redo it. Stupid EBR gives me a B if I don't get all 3s."

"Yeah, EBR is really stupid, the only purpose homework and assignments have is that they require you to have them done if you want to retake the test," Dallas said.

"I feel like I deserve a little credit for my work, why can't the EBR grade be based off of the assignments, and the test only being like one extra assignment? That makes the assignments justifiable and eases the pressure and stress of tests," Logan said. "That way, we get credit for our work, and we're less stressed. There are literally no downsides."

"I don't know why the school doesn't do that. Besides, what am I going to tell colleges when they see 3s on my high school transcript? I was proficient?" Dallas said.

"Exactly, I think we would just use the projected grade," Logan replied.

"If you mess up a portion of a test and you want your semester grade an A, you have to retake that portion of the test, one 2 on a test section will drop your entire grade down to a 2. It's so stupid," Dallas said.

"Yeah, in regular grading you could work your way back up without having to retake it, but now you don't have a choice," Logan replied.

"Mhm. Anyways, did you have something in mind?" Dallas asked.

"What if we play Monopoly? That would last us a while," Logan suggested.

"Sure, why not?" Dallas said, going downstairs to find a Monopoly game. A few minutes later, Dallas returned upstairs to his room, and Logan helped him set up the game.

"You can go first," Dallas said. Logan rolled a 9, and bought Connecticut Avenue. Dallas rolled a 6, and he bought Oriental Avenue. On his next turn, Logan only rolled a 2.

"What the hell is this? These dice hate me," he said as he moved 2 spaces and bought St. Charles Place. Dallas shook the dice in his hand, and rolled.

"Ha, I got a 10," Dallas said. He moved his token to St. James Place, and bought it. Logan took the dice, and rolled an 11.

"It's chance, lets see if the dice really do hate me," he said as he drew a chance card. His face dropped as he read the card.

"Well, I have to give you 20 dollars," Logan said as he reluctantly gave Dallas the money. "These dice really do hate me," he said.

"I'm sure they don't hate you, they're just so used to me," Dallas said. He rolled, and got a 3.

"Perfect," he said as he bought New York Avenue, the second in the set.

"Yep, they like you better," Logan concluded.

"They might warm up to you," Dallas said. Logan rolled a 9 and he moved his token to Pacific Avenue, and used most of his remaining money to buy it.

"Hopefully I don't land on luxury tax or some shit," Logan said.

"That would be so unfortunate," Dallas said in a sarcastic tone. He rolled the dice, and looked at them to see his result.

"See, the dice don't favor me either, I only got a 2," Dallas said. He bought Kentucky Avenue, and handed Logan the dice, and he rolled.

"Why do I keep getting low numbers? I only got 3," Logan said, moving his token 3 spaces.

"I can't afford it," Logan said, handing back the dice to Dallas. He rolled a 10, and landed on Logan's Pacific Avenue.

"See? The dice don't hate you," Dallas said as he handed Logan his rent, which was 26 dollars.

"I guess you're right, it's just 2 six-sided cubes," Logan said. He took his turn, and rolled a 2. "Again? Ok, if this chance takes money from me, I take back what I said," Logan said, taking a chance card.

"Advance to Illinois Avenue," Logan read, moving his token to the space, and he collected his 200 dollars as he passed Go. He bought it with the money he had gained.