Chapter 16

Logan sat down with his tray across from Greyson, as usual. Logan was so busy thinking about the sleepover he didn't hear Greyson say his name.

"You really are infatuated with him, aren't you?" Greyson asked, smiling.

"I— uh, yeah, I guess," Logan admitted.

"I said your name but you didn't respond, so you're the only one who isn't sure," Greyson said, grinning.

"Actually, I'm not infatuated. I'm in love," Logan corrected, wanting to prove Greyson wrong. "Infatuation doesn't last. The thing I'm feeling definitely will. A teenager can be infatuated with motorcycles. This is different," Logan explained.

"Wow, you're really pushing the fact that you're falling for him harder than Apollo 13 shot back down to Earth," Greyson said.

"Since when did you know everything about space?" Logan asked.

"I don't, but you're clearly in love. This is a lot more than a regular crush," Greyson said with a sly grin. "Are you really sure you don't know what's gonna happen at that sleepover?" Greyson asked.

"No, I actually don't," Logan replied.

"Will you two be the only ones?" Greyson asked, trying to get more information. Logan hesitated before answering.

"Yeah....we are," Logan replied. Greyson's sly smile got even bigger.

"Tell me everything, but maybe spare some of the more intimate details," Greyson joked.

"I— we— what—" Logan stuttered, trying to form a sentence.

"Oh come on, Dallas is smart. He can tell whether or not he should make an advance. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. If he did, how would you feel about it?" Greyson asked.

"Umm...." Logan said, trying to think of an answer.

"Okay, you aren't sure, but it's not a definite no," Greyson said. Logan didn't say anything. "Seriously though, I really hope you have fun, don't think about it too much," Greyson said, his smile fading away.

"I hope it'll be fun, but I don't see why it wouldn't be, we've gotten along so well," Logan said.

"You're right, it should be fine," Greyson said. They finished their food, and Logan went to Spanish once the bell rang.

They were starting past tense, and Logan took notes, making sure he had all of the information. After writing down some practice sentences, the bell rang, and he went to biology.

Today was just a packet that the teacher hasn't taught yet. She likes to make them struggle and figure it out, which means Googling the answers before teaching it to them. Logan thought was stupid. He struggled his way through the packet, and Googled most of the answers. After what felt like an eternity, biology was finally over.

Logan went upstairs to the library without wasting any time, and sat down at his usual table and waited for Dallas. As soon as he sat down, Dallas came into the library and sat down next to him.

"Hi Logan," Dallas said as he sat down.

"Hi Dallas," Logan replied. "I'm super excited for the sleepover tonight," Logan said.

"Really? That's cool, I have some things planned," Dallas said, smiling.

"What do you have planned?" Logan asked.

"You'll see when you get there," Dallas replied.

"Why so secretive?" Logan asked.

"It's a surprise," Dallas said. "Do you have any work to do?" he asked, changing the subject.