Chapter 32

"I'll call your mom and tell her that you're staying with me overnight," his dad told Logan.

"You told your parents, right?" Logan's dad asked Dallas.

"Yeah, they're alright with it," Dallas replied. He smiled, looking at him through the rear-view mirror.

"I'm sure they did," he challenged.

"I'm serious, do you want me to show you the text?" Dallas asked, determined to prove himself.

"I'm just messing with you, I believe you," he replied, then turned to Logan.

"You were so desperate to have a sleepover you were willing to leave your mother at the school looking for you? I won't be surprised if she comes to my house and drags you out," his dad said.

"It's homecoming night, and I never have sleepovers. It's not like we have anything to do tomorrow anyway," Logan reasoned.

"I guess you're right. Speaking of, I should probably call her and break the news that she went there for nothing," his dad said.

"Yeah, she's probably wondering where the hell I am," Logan agreed. His dad called her using the Bluetooth system in his car.

"Hello?" she answered with an annoyed tone.

"Hi, I was just calling to say that I picked up Logan and his friend to have a sleepover at my house," he said.

"What? They can't have a sleepover, I already told Logan that," she argued.

"Why not? Because he's with the same boy from last week? Let them live a little. Besides, I'm merging onto the interstate right now, so there's really no turning back," he said, and immediately hung up so he didn't have to hear her bitch about it. However, his feeling of accomplishment didn't last very long. Five seconds later, she called back. 

"Hello?" he said, intimidating her tone, trying not to laugh.

"You can't just take my son, he's coming back home," she demanded. All 3 of them tried not to laugh.

"Your son? Last time I checked, you're the one who told me to go in and create him. I also still have legal custody, so he's sure as hell not just yours. Now I'm going to hang up, because I'm done talking to you, and you aren't going to call me back, okay?" he said. There was no response. She hung up on him.

"Okay, then, I guess I won," he laughed.

"Wow, I never knew you had the courage to talk to mom like that," Logan said, astonished.

"I just didn't feel like putting up with her shit, I don't understand why she didn't let you have a sleepover," he replied. "Oh, I forgot to ask. How was homecoming?" he asked. Logan and Dallas nervously looked at each other, unsure how to respond to him. His face turned to worry.

"Is everything alright? Did something happen?" he asked.

"Well...yeah, something did happen, but can we talk about it later?" Logan asked.

"Absolutely, you don't have to tell me now," he said. The rest of the car ride was silent, but not isolated. Logan and Dallas were texting each other, discussing what they should do.

"Should I just tell him tonight?" Logan asked.

"Only if you want to, and if you think he'll react well. I'm fine with anything," Dallas replied.

"I'm not sure, but I know last week he sat down with me and apologized for having expectations that I would go to homecoming with a girl," Logan said.

"I think he would be fine with it, then. But do what you want to do," Dallas replied. Logan was deep in thought for the rest of the car ride. A few minutes later, they arrived at his dad's house.