28. Candle Light Dinner

He gently held her chin and made her look at him. As soon as their eyes met, everything else vanished for them. All they could see was the love in each other's eyes. Without breaking their eye contact, they starting moving closer than they already were. CC pulled her towards him by her waist while her arms went around his neck. As they got closer and closer, just inches between their faces, they slowly closed their eyes. But before anything could happen, they heard someone calling.

KS: Amaa Cheetah Santu, mile ki nahi tumko files?

They immediately separated and before CC could notice the shades of red on Santu's face, she turned around and started looking for the files.

CC: Ha- Haa Karishma maddam... Ba- bass dhoondh rahe hai

Even he started looking for the files. Soon they found them and went out of the record room and handed them over to HM.

KS: Kaa hua? Aise tamatar ki tarah laal kyu ho dono ke dono?

Bgm- lag gayiii

SS and CC look at each other.

SS: Vo- vo Maddam andar bohot garmi thi na

KS: Santu December me laal hone jitni garmi kabse hone lagi, batana zara

CC: Maddam vo- vo- vo 

KS: Amaa ka vo vo vo?

CC: Vo- Vo dekhiye maddam, pushpa ji so gyi.

Pushpa ji who was falling asleep, immediately gets up.

PS (overacting) : Hum nhi soye! Hum nhi soye! Hum kabhi duty pe sote hai bhala?

KS: Nahi so rahi thi aap Pushpa ji?

PS: Hehe, nahi toh

KS: Chaliye sab, kaam pe lagiye

Everyone goes back to their tables and start doing doing their works. As their day came to an end, KS stayed back for night duty and everyone else started heading out of he thana.

CC (whispers to SS): Aayiye Santu ji, aapko chhod dete hai humaari bike pe.

SS nods with a smile. After getting on the bike, they started heading towards CC's home.

SS: Cheete, tu bhul gya? Mere ghar ka raasta dusri taraf hai.

CC: Hum nahi bhule Santu ji, hum aapko apne ghar le jaa rahe hai. Humne socha, aaj hum saath me dinner karte hai. 

SS: Acha socha... Mere saath reh reh ke tu bhi smart ban raha hai. Parr pehle mere ghar chalte hai na, mai fresh ho jaati hu.

CC: Yeh bhi thik hai.

He turns around and they head to Santu's quarter. After she changes into casual clothes, they start heading towards CC's home.

The road was all silent, it was just them and the calming breeze. Santu hugged him from behind. He looked at her through the mirror and smiled.

CC (in mind): Kabhi nahi soche the ki ek din aisa bhi aayega jab Santu ji khud humse pyaar ka izhaar karegi. Aaj jo kuch bhi hua, hum yakeen hi nahi kar paa rahe ki sach me hua. Yakeen hi nahi kar paa rahe ki aaj qismat ne humaara saath diya. Yakeen hi nahi kar paa rahe ki Santu ji finally humaari hai. Sirf humaari.

SS: Teri hi rahoongi Cheete.

CC snaps out of his chain of thoughts.

CC: Aap- aapko kaise pata ki hum kya soch rahe the.

SS: Kyuki tu sirf soch nahi raha tha, sab bol raha tha.

CC mentally facepalms himself.

Soon they reach CC's home and CC goes to freshen up. As he returns, he found Santu in the kitchen, preparing something.

He silently goes and hugs her from behind. She got surprised and tilted her head to find him, looking all hot in wet hair. He was about to kiss her cheek but Santu interuppted.

SS: Pehle khaana bana le Cheete?

He huffed and with a sad face, started taking out something from the fridge. SS suppressed her laughter and started preparing dinner. After the preparations, they go to the dining table, but before they could start, Santu stood up.

SS: Cheete tere paas candles hai!?

CC: Uhmm, haa Santu ji, hai toh sahi.

SS: Fatafat lekar aa

He brings the candles. She lights them and places them on the table and turns the lights off, taking her seat back.

SS: Humaara first candle light dinner!

CC smiles.

CC: Kitni jyada smart hai aaap Santu ji!

SS: Hai na!

He smiles. They start having the dinner. 

CC: Hum ek baat kahe Santu ji?

SS nods.

CC: Hum aapse sach me bohot jyada pyaar karte hai. Or vaada karte hai, aap pe kabhi koi aanch nahi aane denge. Aap bass, aap bass, hume chhod ke nahi jayengi na kabhi?

SS: Kabhi nahi! Mai humesha tere saath khadi rahungi Cheete, humesha. Jaha tu hoga, teri Santu ji bhi vahi hogi.

They smile and share a comforting eye lock.

SS: Ek baat bata Cheete, tujhe aisa kyu lagta tha ki mere or Daksh ke beech kuch hai.

CC: Vo maaf kijiyega, parr humne aapke or aapke parents ki baat sun li thi, jab Daksh ka aapke liye rishta aaya tha. Or aap dono kaafi close bhi the, toh hume laga...

SS: Tujhe laga ki mujhe vo pasand hai? Hai na?

He nodded.

SS: Ek baar puch toh leta mujhse, mai nahi batati kya tujhe sach? Ek baat dhyaan se sun le Cheete,

She puts her hand on his

SS: Yeh Santosh Sharma sirf tujhse pyaar karti hai, or zindagi bhar karti rahegi.

CC: Humaara dil bhi sirf aapke liye hi dhadakta hai Santu ji, zindagi bhar aapke naam parr hi dhadakta rahega.

As they complete their dinner and after keeping the plates and everything back, SS takes her phone out.

SS: Cheete, aaj ke din ek photo toh banti hai.

CC comes from behind.

CC: Zaroor Santu ji!

He hugs her from behind, and as she smiles and clicks the pic, he kisses her cheek, which gets captured. She starts turning red. They take more pictures, and SS starts looking at the pics when CC turns off the lights again. She looks at him and knew what was going to happen.

He starts walking towards her, while she starts stepping back, but soon her back hits the wall. He comes closer and his one hand goes around her waist while other places some strands of hair behind her ear. Their faces start moving closer and closer and closer, when suddenly CC stops.

CC (in mind): Kya kar raha hai Cheete!? Tumne socha bhi ki agar Santu ji comfortable nahi hui toh?

He steps back leaving SS confused.

__________

That was the part guys, hope you liked it. 

Do comment your views, feel free to drop any suggestions if you have, or if I'm not matching your expectations.

And don't forget to watch Maddam Sir, Mon-Sat, 10pm, only on Sony Sab