NINE

*DANIELA CRUZ sat on a stool at the bar, counting up all of the cash with a money counter

*
DANIELA CRUZ sat on a stool at the bar, counting up all of the cash with a money counter. She sighed out of frustration, as she did it. This was the most boring shit ever to her.

Monet was beside her making calls and packaging up the drugs.

All of a sudden, she heard footsteps traveling upstairs from the basement and in walked Dru. She dropped all the cash into the duffel bag.

"I thought you left to make collections." Monet said. "I'm trying, ma, but you got me running around. Dru stated. "Yeah, I'm tired too. Maybe we should think about getting more help than just Owl and his boys." Daniela suggested.

"For what? I got you and Daniela. Diana helps out sometimes, too." Monet spoke. "Right, but without Cane—" Daniela began. "Don't. Never say that name ever again. It's in the wind, just like him." Monet interrupted, causing Dani to roll her eyes.

The door opened up again and this time it was Tariq walking in, with his backpack on his back. He looked like had a lot on his mind, like always.

Daniela cleared her throat nervously as she watched him walk up to the bar. She had recently been avoiding him, since finding out Cane tried to kill him.

Daniela felt guilty and somewhat blamed herself, so she decided to keep her distance. Although, she really missed hanging out with Tariq.

"Yo. Lock the door and come sit down, boy." Monet demanded. "I got class in an hour, so..." Tariq told her, as he locked the door. "That wasn't a question. Dru get this boy his product." Monet ordered. "Okay, miss rude." Daniela mumbled to herself.

"Hey Dani." Tariq greeted, sitting down on the bar stool beside her. "Hi." Daniela replied lowly, making Tariq let out a deep sigh. "Yo, boy. You here for business. Focus on that." Monet said, snapping her fingers. "My bad, Monet." Tariq responded.

Dru then pulled out three bricks of coke, and placed them on the counter.

Tariq looked down at the bricks with a confused expression on his face.

"Hold on, uh, this ain't my normal order." Tariq stated. "I know that." Monet replied. "Um, you just told me that you had more product come in." Tariq reminded. "I will, but Rico's been asking all types of questions about his man." Monet said.

"You mean, that nigga that me and Dru..." Tariq started. "Moved, yeah." Dru finished. "So, these are the bricks that we took off his truck?" Tariq asked. "Exactly, and the longer that we have his product on hand..." Daniela trailed off.

"The bigger that the problem is for us." Tariq spoke.

"Facts." Monet confirmed.