FOURTEEN

*

*

DANIELA CRUZ was sitting at the kitchen island on a bar stool with Cane, Diana, Dru, and Zeke. They were all waiting for Monet to walk in the house. She had texted everybody and told them to be up, when she came home.

A few moments later, they heard the door open up and in walked Monet.

"Ma, what's up? What happened?" Diana asked, as Monet walked in the kitchen.

"I was at the bar with Davis Mclean. I go to open the safe and the fucking money is gone. Any of y'all know anything about this?" Monet queried.

"I mean, none of us would've taken that shit." Dru spoke up.

Daniela and Diana slyly looked at each other with guilty looks, before brushing it off.

"The contractor and his workers been in and out nonstop, but would they be dumb enough to take it?" Dru continued.

"Nigga said he ain't take it, so now he ain't saying shit." Monet stated.

Fuck. Daniela thought.

"Look, the money is gone and I ain't getting it back, but we gotta come up with a million dollars in three days, so Davis can take Zeke's case." Monet said.

"A million dollars? That nigga serious?" Dru questioned.

"Davis did get Tariq's mom cleared off that murder charge." Diana spoke. "Yeah and she was definitely involved with that shit. He's worth it." Daniela intervened. "Auntie, I don't want you spending all of that just for me." Zeke said.

"If he'll keep you from getting roped up and protect your draft prospects, he's worth it. Now, let's get this money. Dru, you stay here with Zeke and make sure he gets in no more trouble." Monet voiced.

"Ma! I can do a lot more than babysit a grown ass man. Let me help." Dru protested.

"I said what I said. Diana, Cane, and Daniela. Let's go." Monet spatted.

Diana and Daniela walked out the kitchen, before heading upstairs to grab their jackets

"Do you think we should ask Davis to move the money to Zeke's case?" Diana asked. "No, because then she'll know we did it." Dani answered. "You're right, but Ima just text and ask to see if it's possible." Diana spoke and she nodded.

Diana pulled out her phone and opened up Davis's contact, before sending a text.

To: Davis
Can you switch the money to Zeke's case