EIGHT

*

*

DANIELA CRUZ stood there in front of the mirror, as she clasped her necklace onto her neck and looked at her outfit. She was wearing a black crop top with ripped blue jeans and a jean jacket.

Daniela was getting dressed for Canonical Studies, with no enthusiasm. It was parents weekend at Stansfield and she was nowhere near excited about it. It was times like this that she missed her dad.

DING!

DONG!

Daniela heard the doorbell ring, as she sprayed perfume on her chest. She looked out her bedroom window and saw an unfamiliar car outside. It was a brand new Mercedes Benz.

Daniela shrugged it off, before grabbing a comb and combing through her straightened hair.

"Yo, Daniela." Dru spoke up, as he walked into the room. "What's up?" Daniela asked, turning around to face him. "Uh, someone's here to see you." Dru told her. "Who?" Daniela questioned. "Your mom." Dru answered, making her heart drop.

"What?" Daniela uttered, clearly shocked.

"Yeah, uh, she's downstairs. She's waiting for you, so, come on." Dru said, walking out the room.

Daniela hurriedly grabbed her purse and slid on her fur slides, before rushing out her room. She ran downstairs and saw her mom speaking with Monet, as they stood beside the front door.

Monet and Sasha were focused on their conversation with each other, before they saw Daniela walk in. Sasha locked eyes with Daniela and instantly smiled, before holding out her arms for a hug.

"Daniela! Hey!" Sasha shrieked, as Daniela hugged her. "Uh, hi. What are you doing here, ma?" Daniela questioned. "I wanted to come see you." Sasha stated. "Why?" Daniela quizzed. "Well, I've missed you, sweetheart." Sasha told her, with a smile.

"I'll leave y'all two alone to talk. It was nice seeing you again, Sasha. Come on, Dru." Monet said, as she walked out the room with Dru.

"Mom, now isn't really a good time. I have class in like an hour, so..." Daniela trailed off. "Oh, I know. It's parents weekend at Stansfield, right?" Sasha inquired. "Yeah, it is." Daniela replied.

"Wouldn't you want a parent with you?" Sasha queried. "Not really." Daniela insulted. "Come on, don't be like that. Go to the car. I'm taking you to school." Sasha said. "I really don't need a ride. I'm totally fine with walking." Daniela stated.