Chapter 14: Dinner

STILES POV:

He looks at me "last Friday wasn't used." He says looking at me.

"That's the thing... I thought I used it." I say shakily before handing him the test. Tears fill his eyes he quickly looks up at me before his eyes go to my stomach. Tears run down my face and I sit on the floor. "I'm sorry." I whisper covering my face.

That's when he sets the test and container on the coffee table. He pulls me into his lap. He wraps his arms around me grabbing the test. He sighs in relief and I cry in his chest as he rubs my back.

"Listen to me... if you don't want it I understand. But stiles I'm not upset if anything I'm relieved. You said you messed up. My mind went you got drunk. But stiles I'm happy... I would love to have a family with you I don't know why you're so scared."

"Because I lost our last one. I was on my own... without you." I cry and he hugs me tightly and tears fill his eyes

"You're not on your own anymore... and you won't lose this one and if for some reason you do... I'm here to help you through this together... you were being skeptical before you weren't gonna tell me why?"

"I mean although you deserve to know... it's the fact that if you leave you will only blame yourself."

He kisses my head "don't think like that."

"I'm sorry." I cry and he holds me tighter kissing my head

"hey... in this together ok... Breathe... I promise... I'm with you every step of the way."

DEREKS POV:

I snuggle him... I'm so happy right now.

"Derek?" He sniffles in my neck tiredly

"Hmm?"

"Aren't you scared?"

"Why?"

"Well because I'm terrified... I lost our last one but will we be good fathers... I don't know how to parent or anything."

"I think we will be ok... I think we can figure this out if we can figure out other stuff huh?"

He smiles and nods at that.

"I love you Derek Hale."

"I love you Stiles Stilinski."

"Derek?"

"Yes stiles?"

"What happens if we do lose it?" He asks scared

"We mourn and we try again because I do want a family with you. Even if we have to deal with some bumps but when we are ready to try again... life isn't easy stiles... or it wouldn't be an adventure now would it." I say looking at him

"You wouldn't be upset or mad with me?"

"Stiles... you have no control over the baby... the reason they don't survive is because of their own health or issues. Usually not yours don't you dare try to blame yourself... I would never be upset with you."

He buries his face in my neck and I smile and rub his back. I carry him up to bed after we eat.

A couple hours pass. I'm on the couch and I watch stiles walk by with his jacket in his arm. "Woah... where do you think your going."

"Me Scott and Melissa have a event thingy."

"An event thingy?"

"Family thing with his cousins." I nod gently

"We'll come over here and kiss me."

Stiles smiles big and runs over sitting in my lap kissing me. I kiss back deeply gripping his shirt. "Hmm I like the v neck on you."

"I'll keep that in mind we really have to go."

"We?"

"There is two of us now?" He chuckles and I smile. I kiss him gently.

"You two better not get into trouble."

"We won't but uh speaking of which... dad, Melissa and Scott... also me have a family reunion tomorrow... I want you to come?"

"Why are you telling me now why not like a week ago."

"I'm sorry I should have just been all over the place."

"It's fine... if I can make it I will be there."

"If you can make? Do you have plans?"

"Well me and mom were talking about our old house so me, mom, Cora, and peter need to go over there tomorrow and talk and plan and all that."

He nods gently and kisses me I kiss back "ok I gotta go you wanna plan dinner since I'll be back later?"

"Yeah Baby I love you be careful please."

"Anything for you Der bear... I love you too." I smile and watch him walk out.

I get up and grab my phone calling Isaac he answers

"Hey dad what's up."

"I need your help planning now."

"I'll be right there."

He hangs up I go upstairs and I put on a black button down tucked into my black jeans. I wear my black boots. After I shower I freshen up brushing my teeth and putting on my cologne.

I walk downstairs. Isaac is here setting up the lightbulbs through out the loft. Liam moved the furniture aside. I see Erica setting the table and I see Cora finishing dinner honest time god wouldn't be able to do this without them. I smile slightly.

Anya walks over and fixes my collar "you got this big bro."

"I hope so." I whisper I'm nervous.

"I want to tell you guys something... he might want to announce it together but I don't want him to be pressured with questions if he were to tell you." I take a deep breath "stiles and I missed his birth control last Friday... he is pregnant."

They smile and cheer. I smile gently looking down tears in my eyes. Mom hugs me and I bury my face in her shoulder. She rubs my back hours pass and they leave and I finish making dinner since I send them away.

I get the text from Scott that he is almost here. So I lock my phone walking outside the loft door and I stand there waiting for him. He eventually gets off the elevator and raises a brow looking at me. He crosses his arms "ok what are you up to."

"I have a surprise for you close your eyes." He chuckles

"If you just wanted me to get on my knees you just have to ask."

I smirk at that "no. Maybe after dinner."