Hotel

Post!War

"Hi, welcome to the Spotted Unicorn!" Harry's voice was cheery as he met the next guest at his hotel, a charming young man with grey eyes and white-blonde hair who seemed to be staring at him in shock, "please place the tip of your wand against this pad here and we can get you all checked in."

Harry watched as he didn't move for a second before he nodded and pulled his wand out of his perfectly tailored black suit.

His name popped up on the screen in front of Harry, "right, Mr Malfoy. Welcome to our hotel. A couple of our porters are off ill at the moment so we're slightly understaffed. I'll happily take your bags up for you and show you around the room."

With a swish of his wrist, Mr Malfoy's bags were loaded onto a cart, which made its own way towards a small hole in the wall and slotted into place before it started to float upwards towards the correct floor. "If you'll follow me please."

Mr Malfoy had yet to say a word, his jaw slightly slack as he stared at Harry, "but, wait, you're-"

"Now," Harry interrupted with a grin and a cheery manner, "as you know when you booked, this is a magic limited space. Meaning that any magic that isn't completely and utterly necessary should not be done. This is because of the many muggle items we have in the rooms that do not react well to the use of magic around it." He stepped into a lift and clicked the button for the fifth floor. Mr Malfoy didn't seem very impressed by the doors closing around them and was still staring at Harry, "If you feel like this is not to your standards, please feel free to contact me and I can move you into a room where you can use magic to you heart's content however we do advise that you stay in your original room for at least one night as you may find you quite like it. Follow me," he led Mr Malfoy down the hallway towards his room, where the cart with his luggage on was sitting waiting outside of the door, "all doors are unlocked by this key card," he held the silver object up, "simply hold it against the black pad on the door handle and wait for the beep and voila!" He opened the door with a flourish, flicking his wrist so that Mr Malfoy's luggage floated into the room and neatly arranged themselves at the foot of his bed. He gestured for Mr Malfoy to follow him as he stood in the centre of the dark room, "now, there are no light switches in this room to be seen as it is all voice activated. Simply say, 'Alexa, lights on' and-" the lights turned on in the room, "ta-da! Here is a list of all commands you can activate with your voice," he sent a piece of parchment hovering in the air towards the gaping guest, "is there anything else you would like to ask me?"

Harry waited patiently as the bewildered man took it all in for a moment before he finally spoke, "look, Potter, what are you-"

"What?" Harry asked confused.

Mr Malfoy furrowed his eyes at him, "what do you mean, 'what'? Potter I-"

"Why are you calling me that?" Harry was incredibly confused, "my name's Harry," he tapped his name badge with his index finger, "I think you have me confused for someone else."

"I know your name's Harry," the guest took a step back, "but I've alway's called you Potter, it's your-"

Harry let out a gasp of realisation, "oh! You must know me."

Mr Malfoy's jaw dropped open. He stared at Harry in shock, his eyebrows knitted together and hands grasping at the bottom of his suit until all he managed to say was, "yes."

"I have amnesia, I'm sorry if that offends you. I go by Harry, just Harry with no surname." He reached up and pushed his hair out of his face as it had begun to dangle in his eyes. He noted Mr Malfoy glancing at his forehead for far too long before he met Harry's eyes again, "again, I'm sorry if I offended you by not remembering you."

"No I-" Mr Malfoy looked like he was struggling to find the words to say, "I knew you from school. We weren't the best of friends but we knew each other. If you'd like, we can meet over a cup of coffee and I can tell you all about it."

"No thank you," Harry shook his head with a small smile, "I prefer to not know about my past, it tends to bog me down. Apparently it was really depressing. But, I'll still take you up on a cup of coffee?" He had to admit, Mr Malfoy is very beautiful.

He smiled, "I would love to," he said, holding out a hand, "my name is Draco."

"Harry," Harry grinned, "it's nice to meet you. Again." He laughed.

"You too." a strange melancholic smile was on Draco's face but he pushed it back, "when does your shift end?"

"Six, maybe we can get some dinner instead of coffee?"

"It's a date."

Don't forget to vote and comment!