Before

Eren quietly walked up the steps. His mind was racing. What will Mikasa say? He thought. Did mom tell her? Grisha and Carla had just gotten a devorice maybe him coming back would be to much. He walked up the steps quietly taking a deep breath before he knocked on the door. The knot in his stomach started building. The door nob turned. His heart felt like it stop. I still have have time to run. "Hel-", Mikasa stopped mid sentence. "Eren?" She whispered.

He smiled, fighting back tears. Mikasa looked so much older. "Hey Mikasa." Mikasa practically tackeled Eren into a hug causing him to drop his bags. She had an iron grip on him. Mikasa's weight suddenly stumbled back. He hugged her back catching her and himself so they didn't fall off the step.

Mikasa stopped hugging him for a moment just to look at him. "Carla!" She shouted. Carla came running outside.

"What? Is everything-" Carla's eyes became glossy. "Eren." She said smiling. Mikasa moved so that Carla could hug him. She smiled. "I didn't say anything I thought it might be to much for you." She said.

A sense of blist relief washed over him. Mikasa doesn't know. Eren smiled and silently thanked her. "God mom." He almost broke down in her arms. "I've missed you." He was crying. It had been almost six years and everything felt surreal. He hadn't seen her in six years and suddenly now. Now it was okay. He had his family back. He has his mom back.

After a few minutes of hugging they all went inside. Mikasa helped Eren bring his things in. Eren sat at the kitchen counter. He was getting overwhelmed. There was so many emotions rushing through his bones he didn't know what to feel. He was home. With his mom and sister.

His mom continued cooking dinner. "Mikasa will you run to the store and get some chicken broth?" Carla said. "Oh and pick up Armin too."

Eren felt butterflies in his stomach. Armin. It's all he'd thought about on the plane ride. He missed him more than anything. "Did you call Mr.Arlert?"

Armin. He hadn't seen him in years. What does he look like now? Eren thought.

Carla nodded. "Yea he didn't tell Armin though. It's gonna be a surprise." Mikasa smiled excitedly and left. Carla waited until she heard Mikasa pull out to talk. "How do you feel?" She asked.

Eren smiled. "Home." He said honestly. "Why didn't you tell Mikasa? I mean like was it just for me or?"

"When you first left she didn't know," Carla started. "And I just know if she knew it would tear you both apart." Carla cleared her throat. "God I'm just so proud of you." She told Eren cupping his face. "Six months today I'm so happy."

Eren smiled. "Yeah." He said. "Six months." Thinking back six months ago he would have never guessed he would be back with his mother. "I missed you."

Carla came around the counter hugging him and kissing the top of his head. "I missed you too baby." He clung to her. He needed her. He needed his mother. "So uhm." Her voiced cracked. "Historia filled me in on everything." She was crying now. "I'm just so sorry baby. I'll always be here."

"Mama. It wasn't your fault." He said kindly.

She bit her lip. "If only your dad had told me the truth." She said bitterly making Eren laugh. "You'll never be in a situation like that again. Even if you are 50 years old." She said the last bit with a little giggle.

He hugged his mom tightly until they heard the car pull up. "Oh my god." Eren whispered. "I'm about to see Armin." His mom smiled at him as she went back to cooking. The door nob turned and the butterflies were back.

"Yea I'll be working Sundays but I can try." Armin said as he walked. Armins voice rang in Erens ears. "But I'll see what I can do-" he looked away from Mikasa and saw Eren in the kitchen cutting him off mid sentence. Armin dropped the bag in his hand and cover his mouth. "Eren?" He said quietly. Eren smiled and started to bounce his leg a little. "Oh my god Eren!" He ran into the kitchen instinctually hugging Eren.

This hug was different. It was filled with desperation and pain. He hugged him back just as desperately. Armin was practically clawing into Erens back. He was crying. Armin was crying which wasn't a surprise but so was Eren. After a good minute Eren pulled back but didn't let go. "Okay." Eren said wipping his eyes. "God I've missed you. All of you."

Armin wiped his eyes. "Um how long are you staying?"

Carla answered before Eren could think. "However long he wants. He finishing high school with me, and if he wants to stay after that's up to him."

Armin smiled and turned to Eren. "You're finishing out school here?" Eren nodded. Armin grabbed Erens face and smiled. He yanked him into another hug. Eren didn't even try to fight and honestly he didn't want to. Armin was such a comforting feeling. His body was soft. His hands felt perfect against his face.

"Alright Armin let him breathe please." Carla said kissing the top of his head. Armin obliged and sat down on the stool next to Eren. Eren almost instinctually grabbed for Armins hand and Armin let him. "We're having jambalaya."