December 25th, 4 Months into Senior Year

Eren did he usually morning routine. He woke up brushed his teeth, made coffee for himself and his mom. Mikasa didn't like coffee so he would usually make tea later. He sat on the coach and watched an old show or cartoon. After that he would usually get ready for the day, getting dressed and stuff. But today before he hand even settled into the show he was watching their was a knock at the door.

He got up cautiously and opened the door. "Armin?" He said surprised. "It's Christmas what are you doing here?"

Armin smiled. "Did nobody tell you?" He asked and Eren glared confused. Armin laughed moving around him and went inside. He had a two bags of gives that Eren hadn't even noticed. Armin carefully put each gift underneath the tree and threw the bags away. "After you uhm left I started coming over for Christmas so Mikasa wasn't alone." He sat on the couch kicking his feet. "Well actually because I didn't want to be with my Grandpa so it was a win win." The last bit sounded so angry. He really had a lot of angry toward his grandad. "Anyway!" Armin said quickly changing the subject. "I asked Carla if she wanted me over since you're home and she told me if I wasn't she would show up to my house and take me herself."

Eren sat down next to him and laughed. "That's my mom for you." He carefully put his hand on Armins back. "how um how are you feeling?"

Armin jumped at the sudden contact but relaxed into it. "I don't know honestly." He started. "I mean I should be okay it happened years ago but it still haunts me."

"Armin you don't have to get over it." Eren said.

Armin shook his head. "I do Eren. I don't have time anymore to think about the accident." You don't have time? "It's been 6 fucking years and I'm still hung up on it."

"Armin that was the most traumatic moment of your life you don't need to get over it." Eren said desperately. Eren then did something he did when they were younger. He carefully slipped his hand under Armins shirt and rubbed his back. Armin jumped at the sudden warmth of his hand. He ran his hand over the scar. "The scar is still here so why do you need to get over it?"

Armin put his face in his hands. "It's selfish." He said quietly. "I shouldn't be focusing on the past when I could be helping everyone. I'm okay now. I can help people." Eren sighed. "And I know that doesn't make any sense I know I'm the one who says put yourself first but I'm okay now!" His voice was becoming strained. "I don't need it anymore but I still feel so sad."

Eren didn't know what to say. He just listened to Armin talked until he passed out from crying. Eren didn't want to wake him and the others shouldn't be up for another hour so he decided to just take a nap.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Mikasa and Carla sat the counter and laughed at the sleeping boys. "Wait." Mikasa said. "Is his hand in Armins shirt?"

Carla laughed. "It's something they did as kids. You know Armin has that big scar right?" Mikasa nodded. "Well Eren used to rub it when Armin couldn't sleep." Mikasa smiled. "After Eren left for boarding school I actually did it a few times."

Mikasa clicked her tongue. "What happened?" She said. Carla turned to her surprised. "Nobody will tell me. Why did Eren get sent to boarding school?" Carla felt her stomach drop. "Carla please!" She whined. "The only thing I even know is that Armin blames himself! What happened?"

Carla shoot a sad look at the now awake Armin. He was still lying down so the other two didn't know but he had woken up as soon as they started talking. "Mikasa baby. It's better to just leave it alone." Armin felt bad. He felt like he was lying to her. But he didn't want to talk about someone else's truama. "Honestly I barely know. Grisha sent him away under my nose and told me Eren had been begging him to go." She shook away her anger. "I only found out he was lying a few months ago."

Eren, thankfully woke up and stopped the two mid conversation. "Oh hey guys." He said lightly shaking Armin. Armin pretended to wake up and sat up. Eren could tell Armin had been awake but he didn't want to say anything in front of his mom.

Carla smiled. "Eren honey go get dressed." He nodded and got up to go to his room. After he left the three of them say in an awkward silence. "So what were we thinking for dinner?" Carla said breaking the tension.